Swollen lymph nodes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Swollen lymph nodes

Options
destinymoon
destinymoon Community member Posts: 123 Courageous
have had swollen lymph nodes(glands) for approx 5 months. Seen by ENT , luckily no biopsy needed. Ultra scan showed benign lymph nodes and thyroid. Told nothing to worry about, but also that the glands won’t go down. To return if they should get bigger. Anyone else experienced this. I feel poorly some days with this, seems I have to put up with it. I know there’s far worse things to put up with but I don’t really understand it? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having a rough time @destinymoon. But I'm glad they didn't find anything sinister on the scans at last. Humans seem to be very prone to odd bumps and lumps that are benign, but I understand the worry.  Is it worth speaking to your GP about them again to voice your concerns? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • destinymoon
    destinymoon Community member Posts: 123 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks  for your response. It was my GP who did an urgent referral to ENT. I will see how it goes, especially winter time with all the nasty virus’s around, although I am told that should not be a problem for me! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.