Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Neurological impairments .

Options
Strawberry1
Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
I only became aware of how many things came under neurology the other day . One triat I have already been told about is what is part of me . 

Comments

• Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,443 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I only became aware of how many things came under neurology the other day . One triat I have already been told about is what is part of me . 
    Dont know if you mean autism 
    I've seen that online but would disagree
    They still know so little about autism and seem to regularly update the dsm. 
    It's a neurodevelopmental disorder from birth not a neurological condition. 
    Like you wouldn't be referred to a neurologist for it.
    Be good to have some expert opinion here, anybody?
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,947 Scope online community team
    Options
    The definition of ASD keeps changing and probably will do again as we learn more about it, but yes, it's a neurodevelopmental disorder, but some still insist it's a neurological disorder too. 

You may see a neurologist in your earlier years, but that's mainly to rule other things out. Though there are some comorbidities between neurological issues and autism. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback. I was observing something the other day . I do get mixed up very easily.   If I'@Albus_Scope my knowledge wrong I can only say Sorry again.  Hope I'm forgiven @Albus_Scope and @Bettahm .
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,443 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback. I was observing something the other day . I do get mixed up very easily.   If I'@Albus_Scope my knowledge wrong I can only say Sorry again.  Hope I'm forgiven @Albus_Scope and @Bettahm .
    I have seen it referred to online as a neurological disorder when imho it isnt and definitely not everything you read online is reliable at all so it was worth you checking out. 
    Glad albus_scope was around to back me up  :smile:
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Thanks @Bettahm , much appreciated.  
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.