Lcwra frightening journal message " enhanced review team" šŸ˜­ ā€” Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra frightening journal message " enhanced review team" šŸ˜­

Options
Marley30
Marley30 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hello, everyone. I have received an email this morning (on a Saturday!? and message in my journal from the enhanced review team?

Hello. This is the Enhanced Review Team. We need to conduct a review of your Universal Credit claim. You should not ignore this message. We will contact you by phone on 07/11/2023 at 09:00am as a withheld or 0800 nu stated but please note the call may be made to you within a two hour time period between 9am and 11am Please ensure your contact details are up to date on your you, your claim may be suspended and ultimately closed, and any overpayment will be recovered from you.

Can anyone tell me what this is about, I'm being physically sick and can't stop shaking panicking anxiety what this means, Im A wreck I hope someone can help . I have been on lcwra whichĀ was finally awarded December 2019..I haven't had any letters for a wca or anything on my journal.. just this message on a Saturday? Please help, I don't understand it. Has anyone had this too ? šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's a review of your UC claim to make sure everything is correct. This has been going on for quite sometime and they are checking random people to make sure their claim is correct.

They will ask you questions about your circumstances, such as who you live with and any savings you may have. They may ask you to send bank statements as part of the review, as well as something with your name and addresss on and some other form of ID.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Marley30
    Options
    Ah ok, thanksĀ  poppy so I'm not alone, I've just read that it's due to COVID and checking people again as checks (like ID etc) weren't done, however I originally claimed a year before I was awarded lcrwa as it took so long with hospitals papers doctors etc, so I was before the pandemic and they have all ID's and details etc.. so I'm a little šŸ¤”Ā Ā 

Xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's not just those that claimed during covid they are checking. It's other claims too.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 317 Pioneering
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Lots of people are having compliance checks (myself included) currently, the DWP have a target of 2 million and with just over 5 million claiming UC, that's quite a high percentage.Ā 

However compliance check and enhanced review are different things, I don't know anything about the latter but from a quick google search, they are similar processes.Ā 
  • Marley30
    Options
    Hello @Kimmy87 thanks for your reply, can I ask how long it took over the phone and what they asked and asked for? So I can try and get myself prepared,mentally too! :( Where they nice?Ā  šŸ™šŸ™
  • Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 317 Pioneering
    Options
    Mine was a compliance check so not exactly the same as yours, I had already submitted ID and 4 months of bank statements which they had requested, then they booked a phone appointment.Ā 

I was asked about some of my outgoings and if I had any other savings or things like premium bonds.Ā 
    It took about 15/20 minutes.Ā 

Yes, the lady I spoke to was nice.Ā 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scopeā€™s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.