Silent anxiety and panic attacks sensation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Silent anxiety and panic attacks sensation

Options
Michyh
Michyh Community member Posts: 48 Connected
Good day all, I hope you’re all doing well. I have a question for anyone who suffers from Silent anxiety and panic attacks and the sensations it brings on. What I would like to ask if I may is, is anyone on CBD instead of esitelophram which is what I’m on? I’m thinking of speaking to my doctors, as even though I have been on my meds for 8 years now and still have episodes, I wanted to know if anyone found CBD worked better. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,730 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We are not allowed to give medical advice because what works for one might be wrong for another, can only suggest you speak to your doctor.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Michyh
    Michyh Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Options
    Ok not a to worry, I was just wanting to know if anyone found that it helped at all. As it scary to move meds 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'd just add, that if it's just about mentioning your personal experience, & not giving 'medical advice,' then perhaps CBD can be discussed. I couldn't possibly compare a medication (Escitalopram) I don't know about & CBD, but, I'd mention for safety's sake, having checked, this med shouldn't be taken at the same time as CBD; a time gap between the 2 should be something your GP would consider.
    The difficulty is not all Drs have an understanding about CBD, which is understandable as it's not available on prescription. A pharmacist would likely be a good alternative to discuss this with if your GP can't help.
    Does CBD help with anxiety? The short answer might be yes, but, unfortunately more studies have been done on cannabis rather than CBD, so more actual studies about CBD need to be done.
    I've been taking CBD oil for over 4 years, & it dampens down some of my pain; unfortunately not that that is neuropathic. Studies I've read indicate that it's also useful for anxiety. I've researched this a lot, & it does seem if you suffer from anxiety then you should start CBD at a lower level than usual, or it can worsen your symptoms, tho if this is done (just from my personal knowledge), it may be helpful.
    I can't stress enough that you should do as you're thinking about, & discuss this with your pharmacist/GP.

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Michyh

Have you called your doctor to speak about changing your medication? Please let us know how it goes :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.