If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

J.F.K Anniversary

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,788 Disability Gamechanger
On Wednesday we will remember the American President J.F.K. who was sadly assassinated 6o years ago, many people who were around at that time will remember exactly where they were when they heard the news that shocked the world. Personally I was very young and had just started school, but I have often wonder would we be living in a different/ better world had he lived?
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,532 Scope online community team
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @woodbine, I didn't know this was coming up. I always find it interesting to think about these big world-changing events and what things would have been like should it have happened differently.

What do you think the US would be like now if he'd have survived?
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,032 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I think generally in a democracy not much would have changed from the death, or survival, of one person

Of course there are exceptions but I think perhaps those exceptions would be war heroes (Alan Turing perhaps?) rather than politicians

Obviously dictators like Genghis Khan, Hitler, Putin would have make a difference if they didn't exist, but in a democracy I think by definition one person has less of an effect

Just my opinion
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.