If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Let's think of others at this time of year.

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,787 Disability Gamechanger
I know that times are difficult for many of us, but usually there is always someone worse off. With that in mind could I politely ask if you get the opportunity to donate to a food bank, a homeless charity or any charity try if you can to help them. Sometimes just a kind word to someone living on the streets is worth as much to them as a ten pound note.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,693 Scope online community team
    Options
    Well said @woodbine and a lovely sentiment.  If I venture out to the local co op, I always try and purchase a few extra bits and bobs to put in their food bank area.   A little can go a long way if enough people join in. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,011 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    One idea we came up with was if we only need one thing but there is an offer if you buy 2, we will buy both and donate one

The bonus of this is I believe if it's a shop that adds 20% to the value of all donations they will add 20% to the (more expensive) price of buying it individually rather than the offer price so it's sort of a win-win

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.