PIP review form anxiety and stress — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review form anxiety and stress

Options
andrewkuk
andrewkuk Scope Member Posts: 72 Courageous
Hi - We are just trying to complete the PIP review pack and I'm finding the whole process very stressful and my anxiety is through the roof. My wife is amazing and helping me with the forms. We have a lady from a local charity coming to help this afternoon too. 

This whole process seems so wrong as my conditions are worse and I'm less mobile (mainly bed-bound) than before. I've had sixty surgeries since the age of two and know my health will only get worse the older I get. 

Is it reasonable to ask for a ten-year gap before the next review as unfortunately there aren't any further treatment options presently?

I really don't think the government/DWP understands how stressful and difficult these reviews are.

sorry to go on but I feel the whole process is extremely time consuming and stressful.

Regards Andrew 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,397 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m also going through the same thing and haven’t returned my form yet but I’m half way through it. 

Yes you can ask for a longer award. Tell them the reasons why you think you should have a longer award. Also ask them if a longer award can’t be given what evidence they used to give a shorter award. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @andrewkuk I'm so sorry the stress is getting to you, but I'm happy to hear you have good support there to help you.  I'm not sure if you can request a ten year gap, but honestly, it's worth asking. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • andrewkuk
    Options
    It's just frustrating as I've had to accept my mobility and conditions will get worse as I get older (which has taken me a while to come to terms with), but you feel like you're constantly having to jump through hoops and complete forms.

Thank you for your kind words of support. It's nice to know we have a forum to be able to discuss this sort of issue.
  • andrewkuk
    Options
    Form completed and sent back recoded delivery. Called DWP and gave them the postage reference number to make sure they receive it. Just the wait now for the form to be processed. Going to try and put it out of my mind as much as possible.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Glad you got it done @andrewkuk and you definitely have the right idea.  There's nothing you can do now but wait, so you may as well try not to think about it. <3 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.