Dream meal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dream meal

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
What would be your DREAM meal? 

Imagine that money, disability and dietary restrictions weren't an issue etc etc

What meal would be your absolute favourite to have??

Comments

• THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 208 Pioneering
    Options
    A beef chow mein , fried rice, chicken curry and bbq spare ribs meal at a restaurant in China. Oh and a can of coke lol
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,831 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A cheese board with nuts and dried fruit and a glass of cognac.

Specifically, this:

I have always wanted to taste just a mouthful of it.

I believe Winston Churchill used to drink it to celebrate political and military victories.
  • THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 208 Pioneering
    Options
    I tried the 

Remy Martin V.S.O.P. Cognac and it was disgusting. 40 plus pounds down the drain, literally. 

• 66Mustang
    Options
    I am not a fan of their VSOP either @THE_DUDE  but their XO is nice

Favourite though is from the small producers, not the big brands, like so many things you can get good quality for less money by avoiding the well known brands.

I like reading the reviews from jokers though..

"A good cheap mixer, goes well with coke"
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    THE_DUDE said:
    A beef chow mein , fried rice, chicken curry and bbq spare ribs meal at a restaurant in China. Oh and a can of coke lol
    Oooh nice choice. I do like chow mein and fried rice!!! Just regular coke with it??
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    A cheese board with nuts and dried fruit and a glass of cognac.

Specifically, this:

I have always wanted to taste just a mouthful of it.

I believe Winston Churchill used to drink it to celebrate political and military victories.
    Holy moly!! which nuts and dried fruit would you have with it?

I've never been a big drinker (unless getting horribly drunk as a teenager counts :D) but I caught the tail end of some show on Saturday morning where they were discussing the flavours in some fancy beers and I never realised that there can be so much taste and flavour to it. It got me thinking about why fancy alcohol appeals to some people and that it's about much more than taking the edge off or getting drunk. I don't think that had ever hit me before.

I wonder if there's any way to purchase just a taste or mouthful of that.

While I can't venture an opinion on the drink I love bottle  <3
  • 66Mustang
    Options
    @Biblioklept walnuts go best with cheese I think, the woody taste complements the cheese in my opinion .. the fruit just makes it look nice in my opinion but you said money is no object :D

Yes the drinks definitely is about way more than getting drunk, people who say all alcohol is disgusting have only tried the cheap nasty stuff from the supermarket which is disgusting..It has nothing to do with money either, for the same money of a whole bottle of "drink this to get drunk" I would have 1 glass of premium spirit, no getting drunk.. much healthier as well ... :D 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I grew up in not a great area with parents that didn't drink at all. So most people around me only drunk to get off their face. And as I became an adult I'd see on TV people drinking 'to take the edge off', like mums with a glass of wine of an evening etc. And I guess I figured that was the main appeal of drinking. 
    It's interesting to hear the other side. 

I've never quite understood cheese boards either but I'm not very adventurous with food. :D Cheddar, parmesan, mozarella and red leicester are the only ones I've tried and I don't think there are any others I'd give a go.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I'm not sure I have a favourite but my dream meal is any I didn't have to prepare :D 
  • michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 247 Pioneering
    Options
    my fav meal is and always has been beans on toast much to dawns dismay 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    michael57 said:
    I love beans on toast too. Not a favourite but a warming and comforting meal. And cheap too! Are any beans okay or do you have a favourite??
  • michael57
    Options
    michael57 said:
    I love beans on toast too. Not a favourite but a warming and comforting meal. And cheap too! Are any beans okay or do you have a favourite??
    got to be heinz little bit of butter and  pepper perfect 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Oooh I've never thought of putting pepper on. I know what I'm having for dinner tonight now @michael57!
  • michael57
    Options
    Oooh I've never thought of putting pepper on. I know what I'm having for dinner tonight now @michael57!
    haha you will enjoy for sure
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,407 Scope online community team
    Options
    I think I'd go for a full-on mega buffet. Lots of different foods in small nibble-sized forms all set out, cooked and prepared just for me. And like 66Mustang, cheese! So much cheese!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Anything that my mum used to cook.
    Even a 'slice' of her rice pudding  :smile:
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    michael57 said:
    Update: It takes it from a comforting nice meal to just perfection! I'll be adding pepper every time now <3<3<3 
  • michael57
    Options
    michael57 said:
    Update: It takes it from a comforting nice meal to just perfection! I'll be adding pepper every time now <3<3<3   glad you enjoyed it 

• Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    I would have cold toast with peanut butter, it's the one thing I miss since getting a peanut allergy in my mid 30s.

Ate peanuts all my life, granted they started not to agree with me late 20s then wham one night ate a couple of dry roasted peanuts then it was the blues and twos for me, thank goodness for Epi pens.

But oh my goodness what I would give for just a taste of toast and peanut butter 
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Wow that's pretty scary you can just develop an allergy @Binky1234!!!! Do they know why it happens?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.