Riser Recliner Chair Suppliers Any Suggestions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Riser Recliner Chair Suppliers Any Suggestions

Options
Prometheus2020
Prometheus2020 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Looking to buy a riser recliner. Grateful for suggestions and advice. It looks like a market full of con men,

Comments

• andrewkuk
    andrewkuk Scope Member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Hi - There is a company that do all sorts of rise and recliners called Care Co

https://www.careco.co.uk/furniture/seating/riser-recliner-chairs/

They seem to have a good range. I hope this doesn't break the forums rules as I'm not sure your allowed to post links but just trying to help 👍
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HSL advertise a lot in national press 

https://www.hslchairs.com

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 516 Pioneering
    Options
    They can be reasonable to eyewateringly expensive. The best thing to do is go & try a good few in different shops if poss, as they can vary a lot & you need to make sure they support where you need it. Once you know the type you are comfortable in, make a note of them, even take photos, then check in Freeads, Gumtree etc., as you may find what you want at a decent price. I've had four & that's what I did for the one I have now. It was practically new & I got it for £100, even came with manual & original bill. Anyway, that's my two penneth. :)
  • Prometheus2020
    Options
    I can't get out and about like that. Not only don't I have a car but my mobility is limited. My hips are borked. I'm glad you have found what you need. I can't risk buying from the likes of Gumtree and I'm not in a position to run about checking items for sale. Someone needs to look at this market. I have the feeling the elderly and disabled are taken to be soft touches. The companies in this sector employ some dubious sales techniques.
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 516 Pioneering
    Options
    That's a pain, @Prometheus2020, in more ways than one. Apart from you looking online to find the biggest furniture or disability store/showroom near you, so you can see/try a few in one outing, then not coming up with another option, sorry.

Yep, I find anything equipment wise remotely to do with disabilities is a rip off, they seem to think we have a bottomless bank account.

Good luck in finding something to suit.
  • Prometheus2020
    Options
    I had a home demo. They quoted £4.2k.....then after I got a competitive quote they dropped to £3k. Ridiculous.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.