Snow — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Snow

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,731 Disability Gamechanger
Woke up to 2 or 3" of snow this morning went to let our 9 month old puppy out and she wasn't sure what it was, but she was soon running around and enjoying it.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,822 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @woodbine we found it really interesting with our dog as well!

He didn't seem to know what to make of it and wandered round clueless but like your puppy soon seemed to enjoy it.

I think you have to remember a dog's main sense is their sense of smell rather than their sight, so covering everything with a couple of inches of snow is sort of akin to putting a blindfold on a human, as they can't go round sniffing everything.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,100 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My dog sniffed and went out the cat sniffed and came back in. We also had a lot of snow this morning.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Woke up to 2 or 3" of snow this morning went to let our 9 month old puppy out and she wasn't sure what it was, but she was soon running around and enjoying it.
    We haven't had proper snow yet but our 6-month-old puppy has found the frost and ice interesting. Here's hoping it'll snow more here so we can introduce her to it.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    Options
    I must admit I love snow might be something to do with starting school in 1963 the winter it snowed from Boxing Day to Easter (on and off but mainly on), but I did manage to slip on the path and damage my shin this morning but I'm ok now.

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,100 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad you are ok @woodbine after your slip. Take care.
  • woodbine
    Options
    @Beaver79 thanks hope you are also doing ok today?

• Beaver79
    Options
    I am thanks @woodbine although I did not go out in the snow.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,975 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No snow here in the valleys. I’m so wanting to make Betty a snowman she loves them. She’s nine now 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.