Three shopping days left — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Three shopping days left

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2023 in Coffee lounge
There are just three shopping days left before the shops close for a month (thats what people seem to assume).

Have you got any last minute shopping to do ?

I'm not one to gloat but what we haven't got now we can do without.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,832 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,697 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would be the same @woodbine, nothing we need now.

However...I can't go out on my own and rely on my Mum and Dad to take me out ... usually my Mum as my Dad works ... I don't have a card for my Mum yet and not sure I'll get out with my Dad before Christmas to get one.

I am sure she will understand but would like to get one.

The best present for my Mum would be a card I went out on my own to get, I hope to do that one day. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @66Mustang is there time to get.a card from Amazon ? (other online shops are available )
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I just have my food shopping to do tomorrow and also stop at the carpet shop to order and pay for the carpets for my new home. 

@66Mustang what about moonpig? My daughter often uses that if I haven’t been able to take her out for any cards she needs. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @66Mustang - have you heard about King Rollo? Probably not as this was way before your time. Well one day King Rollo was in a quandary as he wanted to get a birthday card for his queen. The cook, who gave helpful advice, wasn't fussed about the card he'd bought, so suggested he make one himself. The next day the queen was ever so pleased to receive his card as all the others she'd received had been identical.
    I've made some 'King Rollo' cards before for my children, & my daughter-in-laws Dad with print outs from the internet, or photos, & my own words. I do put 'King Rollo productions' on the back page! Just a thought, & your parents may know about King Rollo.
  • kreacher
    kreacher Community member Posts: 110 Courageous
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    @66Mustang - have you heard about King Rollo? Probably not as this was way before your time. Well one day King Rollo was in a quandary as he wanted to get a birthday card for his queen. The cook, who gave helpful advice, wasn't fussed about the card he'd bought, so suggested he make one himself. The next day the queen was ever so pleased to receive his card as all the others she'd received had been identical.
    I've made some 'King Rollo' cards before for my children, & my daughter-in-laws Dad with print outs from the internet, or photos, & my own words. I do put 'King Rollo productions' on the back page! Just a thought, & your parents may know about King Rollo.
    i watched king rollo, don't remember episodes though
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,112 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2023
    Options
    King Rollo also helped my son in being determined to learn to tie his shoelaces @kreacher! I wish I'd kept the original little hardback books as they're now worth quite a bit, tho some stories now available as a later boxed set.

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@66Mustang
    Glad you’re getting out today. Happy card hunting 😊

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.