Transition into new school do they have to follow EHCP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Transition into new school do they have to follow EHCP

Options
fairlisa
fairlisa Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 3 in Education
My daughter 8 has been home education for 3 years we finally got her a EHCP huge fight . The la named the school in October and they have been given extra funding now to meet her needs . 
School rang me and said my daughter can start in January but have openly admitted they can not meet her plan until they employ a new TA . So will have little support in place.  The school don't have a time frame how long this will take . 
The la have said my daughter needs to  be back in school ASAP as on roll . 
The school have now said  she can transition back into school as many hours as she wants .so if we send her 2 hours 
 Do they have to carry out her plan when she's there .as they have already admitted she will get little support and not beable to follow her EHCP until ta is employed.  . 
My daughter will never cope if her EHCP is not in place from the first day she's there as needs a ta for nealy everything.  Any help would be so appreciated. 
She was only going to be attending school for 2 hours anyway so feel like there just saying it's like a taster sessions so they get away with not having to support her. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.