What are you looking forward to in 2024 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What are you looking forward to in 2024

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
The old year is almost behind us and the new year beckons, so what are you looking forward to next year, for me it will be my 65th birthday no big celebrations just one year closer to my state pension, I'm also hoping they can come up with a cure for my vision problems but that is not seeming likely.
Our son will be 40 in the new year but it's looking like he'll be spending that one in prison (don't ask).

So what do you hope for in 2024 ?
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• woodbine
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Losing weight and getting fit by eating less, also drinking less to be more healthy and building up more healthy muscles (not excessive muscles I personally don't think that's a good look, each to their own); progressing with my health care and getting better; doing things socially and going out by myself, and maybe making some friends who are closer by and I can meet on a regular basis
    I'm sure you can achieve these goals @66Mustang as they say step by step

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks @woodbine, I agree, one step at a time

Good luck to all others with your goals and to those with things you are looking forward to doing, hope you enjoy those.
  • Amalegra
    Amalegra Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    Options
    Getting my cataract surgery on the 15th January on my right eye which will be such a relief as my vision is now so bad. Then hopefully not too long a wait for my left eye which is cataract free but has very bad scarring which can hopefully be improved. Recently diagnosed with breast cancer, I am waiting to see my breast surgeon to find out the course of action there. Can’t wait to begin the fight I will have this coming year. It’s the waiting and the unknown that’s worst, isn’t it? Just hoping I can keep the other health issues I have on an even keel! Happy New Year to all you lovely, brave people out there! 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Amalegra
    Hi I just wanted to say hello and wish you all the best and hope you recover well  from your illnesses this year.

Happy new year ❤️
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

This year I hope to carry on with my walks and continue to loose weight to help relieve the strain I’m putting on my body.
    Also to feel better within myself.
    And enjoy spending quality time with my family ❤️
  • woodbine
    Options
    Good luck to all who have aims to reach this year (yes it really is 2024 now), I'm sure we can support each other x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.