Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Change of circumstances within 12 months from original award

Options
bogsa
bogsa Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hello. I have a question as seen lots of different articles on internet and I’m confused. I have been awarded pip on December 2022 with only enhanced rate for daily living. For mobility I’ve score not enough points. However my circumstances has change few month after I’ve been awarded and just been worse. I’ve applied and been granted blue badge and on assessment advised to inform DWP about change circumstances which I did. I’ve make them aware beginning of September. Form’s received end of September and send back to them first days of October. My assessment has a place middle of December. I have been contacted DWP to send me a copy of the report which they did and I can see as per assessor I should be awarded moth components on enhancing rate. Of course - now case manager needs to make a decision. But my question is. If they will agree with assessor will they backdate payment from September 2023 when I let them know about changes or from 2022 when my claim was originally made? I’ve seen some information where it’s says if changes occur within 13months from original claim then they will backed from that date (this 2022 in my case). Not sure if this is or not correct. Can anyone had some knowledge regarding this?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,147 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the decision maker goes with the assessor's recommendation, then any increase in your award will go from the date you reported a 'Change of circumstances.' Fingers crossed!
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.