Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Review completed text message

Options
Sophs50522
Sophs50522 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Good morning. I received a message to say they've completed my review and I will get a decision within the next 2 weeks. 
I'm guessing they've given me a paper based assessment which I'm grateful for ( if it's a good outcome ). I had my text 9th Jan at 10am but my usual payment date is tomorrow 11th Jan. 
I'm guessing this is too early for it to be a 'new' payment? Would that payment already had been processed? 
Just trying to work out if my rewards stayed the same.. or its just the end payment of my current award. 

Thanks  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,092 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That’s a standard text often sent for those waiting for a review. Although it says not to ring them, you can ring them anytime to ask what the decision is and they will tell you. 

Payments are usually made at least a few days before it’s due in your bank. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sophs50522
    Options
    Thank you Poppy. 

So would you say that my payment for tomorrow is likely the system generated one from current claim? 

I'm really shocked I didn't get an assessment if I'm honest because I did put down that my condition have got worse and was hoping for a the higher care element but it is what it is. I probably won't rock the boat if the outcome remains the same being that I'm grateful for just having it paper based. The anxiety it was causing was something else. It's taken 10 months.

• poppy123456
    Options
    The texts are usually sent the day after the decision was made. Im afraid I can only guess whether tomorrows payment will be the same as usual. If you want to know that and what the decision is then you can ring them. 

A paper based doesn’t always mean the decision is the same as your current award. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Sophs50522
    Options
    If the decision text is a day afterwards I'm assuming it's maybe my ongoing award. I will see if a letter comes through today if not I will call tomorrow.

I just thought with a change they'd want to assess me to see if I would he entitled to a higher award
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The decision letter can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. I’d be very surprised if it arrives today. 

Paper based assessments are rare but they do happen. Even with a change of circumstances it can still be a paper based assessment. 
  • Sophs50522
    Options
    Thanks poppy I rang them and my rates have remained the same. Bit gutted I didn't get the enhanced but glad I didn't have a re assessment because that gives me even more anxiety. 

Just glad it's over and done with for another 3 years!  Thanks for your help 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you disagree with the decision you can challenge that by first requesting the MR. You should put that in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. 

Before doing that you need to make sure you can definitely score more points needed for a higher award. A worsening of condition doesn’t automatically entitle you to a higher award. 
  • Sophs50522
    Options
    No I know that but I'd did elaborate how my condition have worsened and that I needed more support but it doesn't matter. I don't particularly want to appeal, especially given that I had a paper based assessment. 
    I'm grateful that it's not any less and don't fancy rocking the boat! 
    Knowing my luck I'd lose it all together.

Thanks for the advice! 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Just so that you're aware for the MR the most likely outcome will be the decision remains the same. It would be very rare to lose points at this stage, though it can happen.

For Tribunal, if they plan on removing points that may affect any award you have they will warn you before doing this. They will either warn you on the day of your hearing and the adjourn the hearing for you to go away and decide what you want to do. Or they will write to you to warn you before the hearing takes place. You can then either cancel the hearing and continue with your existing award or continue at your own risk.

I do understand you not wanting to proceed further though. Not only that, needing more support also doesn't automatically entitle you to more points.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.