Loosing job due to disability, is there any additional support available? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Loosing job due to disability, is there any additional support available?

Options
janetteber
janetteber Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am just about to loose job due to disability, as the work doesn't have a healthy working culture, it affected my health significantly, and due to the role being temporary, I already had an indication that they will let me go. I wouldn't want to stay there anyways, as it's not a healthy place to work. It will however hit me very badly financially. I will not be able to pay my bills. The government scheme (UC, ESA etc) will not be enough to cover it. I started applying for jobs elsewhere, however those things take time. I am in a high distress, i don't know what to do, as I will probably be jobless from the next week. Does any of you know of any additional ways of support?
Also, I could start my own business around photography and my own business idea I have, but don't know much if there is any support available for people with disabilities wanting to start their own business (I knew of Prince's / King's Trust support, but they only help people up to 30 years old, I'm 36). 

If anyone can offer any advice or knows of any companies / charities that may be able to help in this situation, please let me know. 

Thank you.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.