Social housing CMHT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Social housing CMHT

Options
letitbe
letitbe Community member Posts: 282 Pioneering
I know social housing is almost impossible these days but I’ve lived in shared accommodation my whole life, I’m almost 50 , and have physical and MH issues . I’m currently on 5 meds a days ( most for MH ) and I’m under CMHT . 
Can CMHT help at all with social housing ? 

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yep they should be able to!! Most council housing lists also have sections about if someone's physical or mental health is being impacted by their current home. Best job would be to look at your council's allocation policy and find where you fit and then ask CMHT to help write a supporting letter if you think they would <3 
  • letitbe
    Options
    Yep they should be able to!! Most council housing lists also have sections about if someone's physical or mental health is being impacted by their current home. Best job would be to look at your council's allocation policy and find where you fit and then ask CMHT to help write a supporting letter if you think they would <3 
    Thank you so much for the advice . I’m not holding my breath but I’ll give it a go . :) 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope it works out for you!! <3 I did shared accomodations for a while and I can see why some people would really like them but I reeeallly struggled
  • letitbe
    Options
    I hope it works out for you!! <3 I did shared accomodations for a while and I can see why some people would really like them but I reeeallly struggled
    Thank you so, I completely understand. Sharing has now really become detrimental to my MH health . 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.