King Charles has cancer — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

King Charles has cancer

Options
Beaver79
Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,432 Disability Gamechanger
This has just been announced on the BBC1 news.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sad news indeed, sorry I was making another thread about this having not seen yours.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No problem @woodbine. Bit of a shock.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,832 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes got the news on he's taking a step back for a bit
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,514 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 5
    Options
    When your a kid with abusive parents as well as after you get away from your whole entire family. You start to reach out seeking for replacements.( same thing happens on here even now at my age )  Charlie was one of mine. Him and his mum. I found myself loving them. I actually worked for Ann for a short time but obviously never met her
    This is so sad. I really don’t think I can cope with any more sadness today. 
    Its all just to much. 
  • Beaver79
    Options
    Also on BBC1 they have said that Harry has been in touch and will be returning to the UK in the next few day. Not sure if that is good or bad.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully His Majesty will make a full recovery. I have to applaud King Charles in mentioning about problems with his prostrate gland, which will hopefully help other men, as the NHS website saw a surge in interest in an enlarged prostrate following him disclosing his recent problem. He's doing the same with mentioning cancer, which can't be easy.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,832 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Megan is not flying with him apparently 
  • Amalegra
    Amalegra Community member Posts: 23 Courageous
    Options
    I was sorry to hear this news as cancer is a long, worrying and lonely journey no matter how many people are there to help you or express their good wishes. I am also, selfishly, rather weary of the cancer news everywhere right now as I try to spend as much time as I can NOT being reminded of it. I have breast cancer and my operation and subsequent treatment is VERY soon. Meanwhile I wait with hope and not a little fear for the prognosis I will have after the op and biopsies are done. I try to live every day with small joys-and NOT think about ‘C’. I wish His Majesty the very best, although I doubt very much that he will have to play the waiting game for treatment and results as I am having to do. 
  • Beaver79
    Options
    I hope you do not have to wait much longer for your operation and treatment. Good luck and let us know how you get on. @Amalegra Take care.
  • Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,549 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very sad news about King Charles.  I hope he's better soon. 
  • birdwatcher
    birdwatcher Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the royal family really but I was shocked at the news
    I hope he's going to be ok. Wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy

• Sparkygirl68
    Sparkygirl68 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Get well King Charles and Sarah. @Amalegra fingers crossed your surgery goes well. Xx
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    Options
    I was sad at the news but it sent me back mentally because it bought up bad memories of my Fathers death.  He had an enlarged prostate for which he had treatment which was successful but then he started getting bad backache.  When he was checked out it was found to be pancreatic cancer which was untreatable and he died a few weeks later.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Sorry to hear this @Annabelle26 . Thinking of you 🤗  . My heart goes out to you 💓. 
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    Options
    When it was annouced I was already feeling low because I was physically unwell & it just seemed to make me worse.  However I am now feeling generally much better.  I have now actually The King a Get Well Card.
  • Strawberry1
    Options
    Bless you @Annabelle26 . A card sounds a lovely gesture. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.