If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP award following Tribunal

Options
Zenith123
Zenith123 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hello everyone.  Not sure how this works or if it's the right place.  Hope everyone is okay.  I've had a hell of a time.  CAB were amazing.

On December 6th I got a letter stating I'd been awarded my points following tribunal.  It's February 12th obviously now.  I have rang them a few times but realised it's not worth doing.

Is this an abnormal wait time to even hear anything? Even about amounts?
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Normally it can take up to about 8 weeks to receive any money that's owed and about the same time to put your award into payment. Christmas closing days would have added to that. However, many people receive what's owed in less time that this but it does depend on each individual case. 

If they've decided to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings this will delay them paying what they owe and put your award into payment. 

I'd advise you to ring PIP tomorrow to ask for an update and hopefully they will be able to tell you what's happening. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Zenith123, You're in good hands with Poppy, but I just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the community.

Frustrating as it is, ringing is probably one of the only ways to find out what's going on. Perhaps you could give it another go? I hope things get cleared up for you soon. Let us know how you get on :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,000 Pioneering
    edited February 13
    Options

Hi Zenith congratulations on all your hard work and a great result!
  • Zenith123
    Options
    I'll try it but if the call hits 1 hour I'll hang up.
  • Zenith123
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Try ringing as soon as they open in the morning at 9am. Thats usually the best time to ring. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Zenith123
    Options
    I won't be ringing anynore. They just directed me away to Tribunal who told me DWP shouldn't have  done so.  I'll no longer engage.  Thank you for your advice though.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If the Tribunal made a decision then DWP need to put that award into payment because no one else can do it. 

Why are they directing you to HMCTS? Have DWP requested the SOR and ROP? 
  • Zenith123
    Options
    They are directing me due to incompetence.  CAB are now sending a formal conplaint.  I don't know what SOR or ROP is.  In any case CAB will help.
  • Zenith123
    Options
    Oh i see what it means.  Thanks.
  • Zenith123
    Options
    Hi @Zenith123, You're in good hands with Poppy, but I just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the community.

Frustrating as it is, ringing is probably one of the only ways to find out what's going on. Perhaps you could give it another go? I hope things get cleared up for you soon. Let us know how you get on :)
    Unfortunately since it's almost February 21st and I was awarded by Tribunal start if December I no longer believe they intend to pay me.  
  • Zenith123
    Options
    Try ringing as soon as they open in the morning at 9am. Thats usually the best time to ring. 
    Unfortunately there has been no resolution and no information forthcoming.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Zenith123 said:

Unfortunately since it's almost February 21st and I was awarded by Tribunal start if December I no longer believe they intend to pay me.  
    They have to pay what is owed unless they’ve requested the SOR and ROP and then go into appeal and you lose that appeal. 
  • Zenith123
    Options
    Why would they have gone into appeal and done that?  Why have I not been informed of anything?  So even though I've been awarded ages ago I may not even get anything?

Thank you
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Zenith123 said:
    Why would they have gone into appeal and done that?  Why have I not been informed of anything?  So even though I've been awarded ages ago I may not even get anything?

Thank you
    They have as much chance of appealing a decision as we do. Before they can do that they first need to request the SOR and ROP, within 1 month of the date of the decision. They sometimes request them but rarely appeal it. 

Sorry but I have no idea why you haven't been informed of anything. They would only not pay you, if they appeal the decision and you lost that appeal. 

My only other suggestion is to contact your local MP and tell them what's happened since you had the Tribunal decision and they will contact PIP on your behalf. You will need to make sure you tell them your name and address. See link. https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/contact-your-mp/
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.