Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
letitbe
letitbe Community member Posts: 282 Pioneering
edited February 28 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I’m confused about this . I’ve received enhanced mobility  for MH issues. I don’t have physical mobility issues . The assessor asked if I could go out alone  / go to local shops / take public transport/ walk unaided. I said yes I could some days. And I could follow a planned journey some days depending on my emotional state also. I don’t know why they’ve given me enhanced , I expected nothing for mobility.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How often is "some days"? for PIP it's the majority of days that count so at least 50% of the days over a 12 month period. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • letitbe
    Options
    How often is "some days"? for PIP it's the majority of days that count so at least 50% of the days over a 12 month period. 
    I’m normally able to leave home 2-3 days a week. Can I also ask when they give you a backdated lump sum I know it’s disregarded from savings for a year. Is it disregarded from the date it’s paid into your account ?  Or from when you made the claim ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's difficult to advise really without more information. If on the majority of days you're unable to leave your home due to overwhelming psychological distress then I would expect activity 1E to apply, which is 10 points. 

The disregard applies from the date you receive the money. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • letitbe
    Options
    It's difficult to advise really without more information. If on the majority of days you're unable to leave your home due to overwhelming psychological distress then I would expect activity 1E to apply, which is 10 points. 

The disregard applies from the date you receive the money. 
    Ok thanks you . 

I really expected 0 for mobility 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It does happen, even more so when you don't fully understand the PIP descriptors, and few people do. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.