Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

PIP Assessment is tomorrow. Bricking it.

Options
Liam9529
Liam9529 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
What questions will I be asked? I HAVE ASD, Anxiety and depression. 
I have a cat, will they ask me about him? Do I tell them about him? Will it hurt my case?

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,753 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Liam9529!! They might ask who feeds him and if they think it counters your answers about yourself (for example if you say you forget to eat without prompting but you feed your cat without problems) you might need to explain how it's different so they don't jump to conclusions. 

I've seen others say to try not to give yes / no answers to anything they ask. Try and give some information <3

Do you have a copy of what you wrote in your form??
  • Liam9529
    Options
    Hi @Liam9529!! They might ask who feeds him and if they think it counters your answers about yourself (for example if you say you forget to eat without prompting but you feed your cat without problems) you might need to explain how it's different so they don't jump to conclusions. 

I've seen others say to try not to give yes / no answers to anything they ask. Try and give some information <3

Do you have a copy of what you wrote in your form??
    I do but the guy at CAB didn't write a single thing j asked. My cat makes it clear that he wants fed. Would that count as prompting? I sent in extra evidence along with letters from school. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Feeding your cat when he meows for food will not score you any points for preparing a meal. PIP is about your health conditions and how they affect you and not about anyone else, including pets. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    That's the sort of thing you'd answer then, so say they ask like "do you feed your cat yourself?" you wouldn't just say "yes." you'd explained "only because my cat reminds me and makes it clear when he wants fed"
    If CAB didn't write the things you wanted then tomorrow's assessment is your chance to explain anything else you think they missed!! Good luck @Liam9529
  • Liam9529
    Options
    Feeding your cat when he meows for food will not score you any points for preparing a meal. PIP is about your health conditions and how they affect you and not about anyone else, including pets. 
    No, BUT It could go against me. I'm just scared they'll twist it against me because hey if he can feed his cat, he doesn't need prompting.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,898 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @Liam9529, I understand the worry, it seems like a very daunting thing, but I found both of my tribunals to be worlds apart from the DWP assessments. The tribunal were all very caring and are there to help you.  As others have said, try to answer questions in detail and if you start feeling like your anxiety is getting too much, let them know.

Best of luck for tomorrow, it'll be done in no time.  Will you please let us know how you get on? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Liam9529
    Options
    Hey @Liam9529, I understand the worry, it seems like a very daunting thing, but I found both of my tribunals to be worlds apart from the DWP assessments. The tribunal were all very caring and are there to help you.  As others have said, try to answer questions in detail and if you start feeling like your anxiety is getting too much, let them know.

Best of luck for tomorrow, it'll be done in no time.  Will you please let us know how you get on? 
    I will :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,446 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Liam9529 said:
    No, BUT It could go against me. I'm just scared they'll twist it against me because hey if he can feed his cat, he doesn't need prompting.

This is one reason why you should never just answer questions with just a simple yes or no because they could twist it and come to their own conclusions, as biblioklept correctly pointed out. 

I also have a cat, which I feed and it's never gone against me. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Liam9529
    Options
    Liam9529 said:

This is one reason why you should never just answer questions with just a simple yes or no because they could twist it and come to their own conclusions, as biblioklept correctly pointed out. 

I also have a cat, which I feed and it's never gone against me. 
    How would you word it? I'm trying to figure out how to word it, Because I am struggling to word it. "Yes I have a cat but I need reminding to feed him"
    Does that sound ok?

• Biblioklept
    Options
    Don't worry about the cat @Liam9529, it's just an example of the sort of thing they might say and how you shouldn't use yes or no responses, but give information or examples in reply <3
  • Liam9529
    Options
    Don't worry about the cat @Liam9529, it's just an example of the sort of thing they might say and how you shouldn't use yes or no responses, but give information or examples in reply <3
    Here's hoping! I'm just so nervous.

• Biblioklept
    Options
    My last few have been paper based so haven't had an assessment for ages but most of my assessments have been fine, they are usually patient and understanding <3
  • Liam9529
    Options
    My last few have been paper based so haven't had an assessment for ages but most of my assessments have been fine, they are usually patient and understanding <3
    I got rejected in 2019 when i had a review, so I'm just cynical now, but I'll go in with a open mind for sure :)

• Biblioklept
    Options
    GOOD LUCK TODAY @Liam9529!!!!! <3 
  • surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 440 Pioneering
    Options
    Hope all goes ok
  • tracey58
    tracey58 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Options
    Liam9529 said:
    What questions will I be asked? I HAVE ASD, Anxiety and depression. 
    I have a cat, will they ask me about him? Do I tell them about him? Will it hurt my case?
    hi liam
    i had one 3 weeks ago
    yes they asked about my dig
    i told them the truth that my dog gas a little flap and my son feeds n gives her water
    it
  • Liam9529
    Options
    It went well. She was nice to me definitely.  She didn't ask about pets etc. 
  • tracey58
    Options
    Liam9529 said:

• tracey58
    Options
    tracey58 said:
    Liam9529 said:

oh that’s goid
  • Liam9529
    Options
    She was lovely to me but she never said her name nor who she is. Called me on a 0808 number but she had all my evidence, she even saw my school stuff and my past evidence from my older pip claim from 2011 to 2019. I asked if she knows when I'll get word she said no she didn't but I can call in five working days. Is this normal? I haven't received any texts.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.