Easter eggs — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Easter eggs

Options
Biblioklept
Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
Why do they taste better than regular chocolate?!?!

I can't remember who it was in the coffee lounge who said they cracked one open recently, I think maybe @Zimba or @Teigr but whoever it was thank youuuuu for the inspiration! I've done the same today and MMmmMmmmmmmm <3 

Does anyone else buy themselves Easter eggs? Which is your favourite?!

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't eat them anymore because of the sugars, but Cadbury cream egg was my favourite
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    I probably shouldn't either  :D 
    Cadburys are so much better than all others, so I'd be happy with a cream egg one!! Yummmm
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,700 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My favourite is cadburys buttons! YUMMY! I agree, they always taste so much better than other chocolate. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My favourite this year is smarties, and trust me I've already had a few.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Zimba
    Zimba Community member Posts: 1,873 Pioneering
    Options
    Mine was a Thorntons it’s almost gone now😬, i normally have a organic dark chocolate one but they didn’t have any. I like Caburys also the fruit and nut egg is nice, anyways thats me all choced out now 🙂
  • kreacher
    kreacher Community member Posts: 117 Courageous
    Options
    i have 2 in my fridge waiting to be eaten next weekend
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I need to buy some for the grandkids 
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,972 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I want someone to buy me one for diabetics please xx
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,404 Scope online community team
    Options
    I haven't had an Easter egg for a couple of years as I've been on a special medical diet and had to avoid fat. But I've found something that's helped me over the past few months so I might have to treat myself this year!

The Cadbury Mini eggs ones are nice. My housemate was eating one the other day,  by the sounds of it they've started putting the mini eggs loose inside the chocolate egg like the good ol' days instead of putting them in a plastic bag. I used to love the Buttons eggs too. So many choices!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    Zimba said:
    Mine was a Thorntons it’s almost gone now😬, i normally have a organic dark chocolate one but they didn’t have any. I like Caburys also the fruit and nut egg is nice, anyways thats me all choced out now 🙂
    Oooh I quite like Thorntons chocolate but never had an Easter egg from them, their chocolate can be quite rich sometimes but I'm tempted now!! 
    Ada said:
    I want someone to buy me one for diabetics please xx
    Aww I would if I had your address! I hope your Mr steps up and surprises you with one <3

Is that all fats @Rosie_Scope?? Do you find it hard or have you gotten used to it now? 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,404 Scope online community team
    edited March 26
    Options
    All types of fat, unfortunately @Biblioklept! It's not been the easiest thing to cope with as I was already gluten intolerant and veggie, but I worked out some recipes and alternatives so I am used to it now. 

And I can eat a lot more freely at the moment as long as I'm careful with my dosing, I'm really grateful for that! Everything tastes twice as good after not having it for a long time.  

Someone really needs to invent some kind of fat free chocolate with no sugar in it so that everyone with restrictions can enjoy it!
    Rosie (she/her)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    I always get given a dinosaur chocolate egg from Thorntons, it's tradition now.

I take half of it, fill it with salted caramel ice cream, then top it with squirty cream and crushed Maltesers. It's a monstrosity, but delicious. 
    Albus (he/him)

Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,972 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    awww thank you for the thought @Biblioklept  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.