Help for my daughter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help for my daughter

Options
Amber68
Amber68 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hello all,
I'm a parent to 19 year old daughter and I'm struggling its been a struggle for 8 years.  We had medication input only from camhs and then my daughter had an ASD assessment just before her 18th after 4 yrs on the list.  They found high on social communication and sensory but as she masked heavily that day she wasn't seen using repetitive behaviours so the outcome was my daughter needs long term support as shes got high anxiety, depression, agoraphobia,  trauma (from something she disclosed) and possibly ASD.  Camhs passed her file to Adult Treatment Services an OT came out and because she wasn't "in crisis" they discharged her!  

My daughter has no life, no independence,  doesn't go anywhere and is struggling with her mh it's been 8 years she school refused and missed yr7 to 11 of school   we had early help they gave up, we had camhs but only antidepressants.   I've paid for trauma therapy weekly and the therapist said my daughter lives in survival mode, she has no sense of self and is in a depression cycle. She has in past thoughts of S and she has SH'd too.

I'm struggling to know how to help her. We had a care act needs assessment she was offered support x10 hrs but my daughter won't engage.  She has had alternative education provision but that's not being engaged with now I literally don't know where to turn anymore or what to do!?  Please advise we in West Sussex area
Thanks

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Amber68, sorry to hear you and your daughter have been through such a tough time. It can be a huge fight to get the help you need sometimes, not easy at all.

Has your daughter's GP been supportive through her difficulties at all, or has she been signed off all the mental health services completely?
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.