Condition has improved advice please 😊 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Condition has improved advice please 😊

Options
sunny57
sunny57 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi 
I can't seem to find any information online of the process if you report a positive change in health.

My question is:
If you no longer want to receive the mobility element of pip but still want to continue with the living element do they change your award to just the living element or do you have to have a complete reassessment?

Nothing has changed with the daily living problems but mobility has improved and don't feel comfortable receiving that element now . 

Thanks 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,767 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yeah you need to have a complete re-assessment sadly

It's really nice to hear you feel you don't need the mobility element anymore :) but I'd urge you to maybe go over it with a fine tooth comb, are you able to do all the stuff in good time, repeatedly, reliably, without any help etc.

I'm sure someone will word it better but good luck :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,587 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I couldn’t agree more with mustang here. Though your health condition has improved has this been the case for at least 3 months and do you expect it to continue for at least the next 9 months. 

Do also remember that for PIP it’s the majority of the days that count, not all of the time. Just because you see improvements this doesn’t mean you’re no longer entitled to the award. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,370 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @sunny57 and welcome to the community. :)

I can see you've already had your question answered, but I wanted to pop in and say hello. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • honestjon
    honestjon Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    sunny57 said:
    Hi 
    I can't seem to find any information online of the process if you report a positive change in health.

My question is:
    If you no longer want to receive the mobility element of pip but still want to continue with the living element do they change your award to just the living element or do you have to have a complete reassessment?
    I couldn’t agree more with mustang here. Though your health condition has improved has this been the case for at least 3 months and do you expect it to continue for at least the next 9 months. 

Do also remember that for PIP it’s the majority of the days that count, not all of the time. Just because you see improvements this doesn’t mean you’re no longer entitled to the award. 
    As usual sound advice from Poppy and also Mustang.
    If you really need to do something to celebrate having your mobility you could save the mobility money in a separate account and leave it until your next review.
    Then you would see if you still have any issues and if you didn't need the mobility money you could give it back and celebrate having your mobility.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.