LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
mellieg11
mellieg11 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited March 29 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I'm new here , so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place.

So I have been on UC, since being made redundant in 2019, I have suffered with health problems all of my adult life and anxiety since childhood.  So i was placed in the LCW group.  Yesterday i had a call from the assessment via phone since filling in another medical assessment form.  The lady only concentrated mostly on my incontinence not my other problems, such as anxiety, high blood pressure, arthritis and so on. I am slightly concerned that i will be deemed as fit for work as i am so not.

She was putting me on hold for 10 mins at a time, its all very strange

any help would be great

many thanks

oh  i forgot to add i am in receipt of standard rate pip daily living and mobility 

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,509 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s perfectly normal for them to concentrate on just the one condition. If they have enough of information for your other conditions there will be no questions to ask. 

Once the assessment report is written and returned to DWP a decision can take up to 12 weeks. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mellieg11
    Options
    Thank you , It’s all a bit confusing. I really needed to appeal the last decision but missed the deadline 

thanks again 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The deadline is 13 months, not 1 month, I don't know if you're aware of that? If you're outside of the 1 month then you need to give a reason why you didn't request it within that time. This applies to MR and Tribunal. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mellieg11
    Options
    hi Poppy i thought id replied to your last message but clearly not.

I am so annoyed i didn't know the rules for the mandatory reconsideration when i was placed in the LCW group because ,   I Got a UC letter today saying i have been awarded LCWRA it has no mention as to when the payments will start ect.  I have read on other posts about this and they are advised 3 months after the sick note was given. The thing is i didn't need to send in sick notes as i was already on LCW so no sick notes were needed any advice would be great 

Thanks again 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you already had LCW there’s no waiting period. 

Did you report changes to your health condition which prompted them to refer you for another work capability assessment? 

Or was it a planned review and they just automatically referred you? 

The answer to those questions will determine when the extra money is paid from. 
  • mellieg11
    Options
    It was a review done on their end. I was in the process of doing my pip coc then i was going to do the UC one, but it came through before.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks. This means the extra money is paid from the assessment period in which the decision was made. 

What date do you usually receive your money? 
  • mellieg11
    Options
    i get it on the 24th . I wasn't aware of extra money until just recently. i don't even know how much it is, I'm new to all of this. but am so delighted i don't have to worry now. does it get backdated at all?

thank you for your time it really is much appreciated
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks. That means your assessment period dates are 18th to 17th of every month. Your first payment will be 24th of this month. No money is owed. You will need to check your next statement to make sure the element is included.

LCWRA is £390.06/month, which increases to £416.19/month due to the April increase.

• mellieg11
    Options
    thank you so much your help has been amazing 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You’re welcome ☺️ 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.