If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Increases..

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,801 Disability Gamechanger
Remember that in a weeks time almost all benefits will increase by 6.7% and the state pension by 8.5%.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 332 Pioneering
    edited April 1
    Options
    Depending on assessment periods it might be a few months before UC payments go up...
    I still get 12 payments at the new rate but don't see any increase in monetary terms until 2 June payment.
    My assessment period runs from 24th to 25th the following month. So for me new rate doesn't apply until AP ending 25th May.
    Thankfully ESA is paid fortnightly so part of my income will increase this month! 
  • Ralph
    Ralph Community member Posts: 98 Pioneering
    Options
    If you’re renting the housing allowance may go up. It has been frozen for a few years.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Kimmy87 said:
    Depending on assessment periods it might be a few months before UC payments go up...
    I still get 12 payments at the new rate but don't see any increase in monetary terms until 2 June payment.
    My assessment period runs from 24th to 25th the following month. So for me new rate doesn't apply until AP ending 25th May.
    Thankfully ESA is paid fortnightly so part of my income will increase this month! 
    Yes, for those claiming UC the first increase will be for those with assessment periods that start on or after 8th April. My daughters AP is 18th to 17th of every month so her increase will be in her payment on 24th May. 

Although your ESA will increase first, as it's deducted in full from your UC there will be no overall financial gain until your UC increases. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ralph said:
    If you’re renting the housing allowance may go up. It has been frozen for a few years.
    Those that are affected by the benefit cap will not see any increase in their housing benefit/element because the benefit cap is not being increased. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 618 Pioneering
    edited April 1
    Options
    My AP is 23rd to 22nd with payment on the 29th,will this consist of part old rate and part new this month?
  • bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 204 Courageous
    Options
    Kimmy87 said:
    Never understood this

What's the point of claiming both UC and ESA if ESA is deducted in full from uc
  • Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 332 Pioneering
    edited April 1
    Options
    noman said:
    My AP is 23rd to 22nd with payment on the 29th,will this consist of part old rate and part new this month?
    Unfortunately UC doesn't work like that with benefit increases. 
    This month you will be paid at the current rate. 
    Next month you will see the increase so your payment on 29th May.

Kimmy87 said:

bobby123 said:
    Never understood this
    UC is means tested and affected by savings, ESA isn't.
    So if a financial circumstance took you off UC, ESA would still be paid and if later financial means meant that you were to reclaim UC, LCWRA (assuming ESA Support Group) would apply to the claim automatically at the beginning - no waiting period or additional WCA.
    ESA is also paid fortnightly. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    bobby123 said:
    Kimmy87 said:
    Never understood this

There’s a lot of points to claiming it. No one can predict what may happen in the future.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.