Rwanda bill passes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rwanda bill passes

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,712 Disability Gamechanger
edited April 23 in Coffee lounge
Of all the evil spiteful things this govt has done in the last 14 years the plans to send assylum seekers to Rwanda might just turn out to be the worst.

So far they have spent more than £500m and more home secetaries have visited than asylum seekers. But that is about to change in the coming months, these poor sods will be manacled into aircraft and deported to the biggest **** hole on earth.     💩

We cannot apparently even guarantee that Afghans who worked for and with us won't be sent there.

Shame on this govt. and shame on those who support this human rights abuse.

RWANDA ...NOT IN MY NAME...
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• AndrewHall
    AndrewHall Community member Posts: 242 Pioneering
    Options
    Not in my name, too
    Never allow DWP assertions to define you. They never have evidence of your true circumstances.
  • Ralph
    Ralph Community member Posts: 97 Pioneering
    Options
    They are scared of the reflux party/company. So this along with hammering sick and disabled cheerleaded by the mail and others is an attempt to win the right wing back. 
    Sunak actually opposed this policy when chancellor.
    If the reflux party stand at the election, that’s a big if, the Tories may be squeezed into oblivion. We can only dream.
  • JW77
    JW77 Community member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Options
    Not in mine either.
    They are pushing S**T through to appease their select few before the elections.

Long term unsustainable cost on the taxpayer?  They won't mention that.  Nor that we actually need a workforce in some areas and could train & employ!  
  • Ralph
    Ralph Community member Posts: 97 Pioneering
    Options
    I heard a quote : ‘The way the government treats refugees is very instructive because it shows you how they would treat the rest of us if they thought they could get away with it.’
  • woodbine
    Options
    We the disabled of the UK are without doubt under attack from this govt. if we cannot stand up and be counted in the asylum seekers fight then who do we expect to fight for us ?

I find this hard to say but too many people on here are selfish and self centred and appear to live in a "poor me" society, thankfully there are a few exceptions but they are becoming a rare breed on here.

• michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 239 Pioneering
    Options
    woodbine said:
    We the disabled of the UK are without doubt under attack from this govt. if we cannot stand up and be counted in the asylum seekers fight then who do we expect to fight for us ?

I find this hard to say but too many people on here are selfish and self centred and appear to live in a "poor me" society, thankfully there are a few exceptions but they are becoming a rare breed on here.
    i dont do politics i have my views i have not changed them in all my working life in 10 years time it will be the same old story yet again i hope the change your hoping for comes i for one will not hold my breath whoever get in power will be the same as all the previous parties 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 606 Pioneering
    Options
    Can't we just spend some money and gather all the conservatives and send them off to rwanda instead of asylum seekers, I guarentee the country will be in far better shape if we got rid of them rather than all the asylum seekers.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,379 Scope online community team
    Options
    woodbine said:

@woodbine everyone has their own struggle we often know nothing about.  People come here for support. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • woodbine
    Options
    woodbine said:

@woodbine everyone has their own struggle we often know nothing about.  People come here for support. 
    Oddly enough after 5.5 years I know and realise that, but sometimes even my patience is tested to limits.
    If I have spoken out of turn I apologise in full, and will step away for a few days.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,379 Scope online community team
    Options
    It's not a problem @woodbine please don't think I was having a go or anything.  I just think we need to be super careful with how we word things sometimes. We all need to be sticking together. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • DepressedAnxious
    DepressedAnxious Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    I think the plan is abhorrent and inhumane. 

Genuine refugees are welcome. 

• Meg24
    Meg24 Community member Posts: 58 Pioneering
    edited April 25
    Options
    Rwanda had a literal genocide within living memory & is run by a dictator whose police shot protesters only a few years ago. It is obviously not a safe place to send people & I'm very angry that the Tories keep saying it is. They abolished all the safe routes & then they do this to people who dare to risk their lives on unsafe routes. If people were safe & warm in their own beds they wouldn't stick their kids in a boat to potentially die. I feel sick & ashamed to be English.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.