People like me on income-related ESA will be moved over to UC sooner now — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

People like me on income-related ESA will be moved over to UC sooner now

Options
ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
ChrisSCOPEhtfc94 Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/dwp-confirms-major-shakeup-600000-32644593

I wasn’t meant to be moving over to UC until 2028/29, that was the original decision, but now I have seen that they’ve decided to bring it forward. I’ll be moving over to UC sooner so I’ll be getting a Migration Notice letter sooner.

has anybody else come across this development to do with UC? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes Sunak did mention this in his speech on Friday but nothing is final yet and until then everything will continue as normal. There's been quite a lot of threads here about this since the speech. 

Don't forget there's also a General Election this year... 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options

It does seem like that I will NOT have to go through another stupid work capability assessment or fill in a form telling them about my very limited ability to work due to my autism. I am getting the strong impression that I won’t have to go through a reassessment or fill in a form. I know the move to UC isn’t automatic, I know you’ve got to still claim it, but at least it sounds like I’ll be automatically placed in the support group equivalent on Universal Credit when I do make the switch. I’ve been in the support group since 2013 I think. Been on income related ESA since then I think.

I’d appreciate if someone could confirm that I am indeed right on this above? I’ve been done a lot of research, I am very convinced that I’m right. The images as well really do make it sound like I’m correct.

• ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    Yes Sunak did mention this in his speech on Friday but nothing is final yet and until then everything will continue as normal. There's been quite a lot of threads here about this since the speech. 

thank you for your reply, do you think you could answer my other query in this thread if possible?

it’s to do with been forced to go through a reassessment or fill in a form again telling them about my very limited abilities to work. It does sound like as part of the move to UC from income-related ESA, that I’ll be automatically placed in the Support Group equivalent on UC when I make the move. I’ve been in the LCWRA group since I got onto ESA.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options

thank you for your reply, do you think you could answer my other query in this thread if possible?

it’s to do with been forced to go through a reassessment or fill in a form again telling them about my very limited abilities to work. It does sound like as part of the move to UC from income-related ESA, that I’ll be automatically placed in the Support Group equivalent on UC when I make the move. I’ve been in the LCWRA group since I got onto ESA.
    It sounds like I’ll be fine and that I won’t have to fill in a form or go through a reassessment. If you could take a look at the images I’ve posted Poppy, it sounds so convincing. Those images are from my research.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you do move across you will be entitled to the LCWRA element from the start of your claim. You will not need another assessment when you claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    When you do move across you will be entitled to the LCWRA element from the start of your claim. You will not need another assessment when you claim. 
    Thank you for this Poppy, appreciated, nice to get the confirmation that I was hoping to hear, that makes it feel easier not having to do a form or go through a reassessment

Just have to see now what happens with the migration notice letters, what the timeline will look like, I’d have preferred it staying at 2028/29 personally, maybe it will but also maybe it won’t, everyone has to move over at some point anyway…
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    One other thing that I’d like to add to my thread — I’ve always like fortnightly ESA payments but with UC it’s monthly. I don’t like the idea of it, the sound of it, I prefer fortnightly. I wouldn’t say that in the best at handling money, fortnightly would be better for me. It does sound like I’d be eligible for APAs, or Alternative Payment Arrangements. Would it be worth asking for that when the time comes, moving to UC? 
  • ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    One other thing that I’d like to add to my thread — I’ve always like fortnightly ESA payments but with UC it’s monthly. I don’t like the idea of it, the sound of it, I prefer fortnightly. I wouldn’t say that in the best at handling money, fortnightly would be better for me. It does sound like I’d be eligible for APAs, or Alternative Payment Arrangements. Would it be worth asking for that when the time comes, moving to UC? 
    wouldn’t say I’m the best*

correction

• ChrisSCOPEhtfc94
    Options
    If you can look at the images I’ve attached autism, which I have, that is under Tier 1 factors - people that would highly likely need APAs to be in place for them. I just don’t think that the I’m best person at handling money with care. Fortnightly payments, like now with ESA, would be better for me as opposed to monthly payments. A fortnightly structure is just easier for me. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    After the first UC payment you can ask for the APA. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.