Hi, my name is Stew1234! put in the support group for ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Stew1234! put in the support group for ESA

Options
Stew1234
Stew1234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 26 in Start here and say hello!
I have  been  put in the support  group  for ESA and they tell  me that they've  carried  out  a work  assessment  and  I  no longer  require  to send fitnotes,
To be honest I've  got a massive  list of health issues  including  heart failure,emphysema and diabetes,  I am  also  waiting  for  an hip replacement  I 

Prior  to  catching  covid which  ravished my health I worked over 40 years  for local  government, I  absolutely  loved  working and  now feel  like  I  have  been  thrown on the  scrap heap through  my  health, 
I certainly  understand  that  I  couldn't  work  again,  just  walking  a few yards around  the  house  makes  me so  tired, 
I  use to cycle 12miles and  swim 2miles daily  before  catching  covid,  I am  teetotal  and  a non smoker, l find it so hard stopping  myself  spiralling into  depression with  the  constant  pain and  breathlessness  I suffer 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there @Stew1234 and welcome to the community. :)

I'm sorry to hear you've been suffering, but I'm glad to hear your ESA has been sorted, that must be a big relief? Have you spoken to your GP about your decline in mental health? It may be worth speaking to them now before things get worse. Have you looked into claiming PIP as well?
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.