If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is gilly08! Currently on half pay partner gets pip and private pension can I claim lwrca

Options
gilly08
gilly08 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 3 in Universal Credit (UC)
Currently on half pay  partner gets pip and private pension can I claim lwrca 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is part of Universal Credit, it's not a benefit on it own. Whether there's any entitlement to UC will depend on your joint circumstances because it's a means tested benefit you'll need to claim as a couple. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you're excluded from claiming. You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator Your partners pension will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement. 

There's New style ESA if you have the correct NI contributions in the previous 2 tax years. It's not means tested so savings/capital do not affect the amount you maybe entitled to. However, if your earnings from your employer include SSP then you can't be paid ESA at the same time. You can apply 3 months before the SSP ends and you'll need a fit note and the SSP1 form from your employer but payments won't start until SSP ends. (if there's entitlement) https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-style-employment-and-support-allowance

If you claim both of the above at the same time the ESA will also be deducted in full from any UC entitlement. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,782 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @gilly08 and welcome to the community.

I can see Poppy is already offering some top advice, but I just wanted to stop by and say a quick hello. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • gilly08
    Options
     Thankyou 
    Partner gets enhanced pip ( both parts ) plus £119 a month private pension he has alzheimer's so can't fill forms in and gets confused on phone I worked full time £1597 monthly  now on half pay as I've been off sick since September waiting for operation which hopefully is this month we get reduction for council tax but can't get universal credit to top up according to benefits calculator ..not sure what to do 

• poppy123456
    Options
    Look at claiming New style ESA providing your sick pay doesn't include SSP. This can be backdated for a maximum of 3 months providing you weren't claiming SSP at that time.

Is your partner under or over state pension age? do you own or rent your home?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gilly08
    Options
     Thankyou for your reply , Both under state pension age and rent our home 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Now your earnings have reduce to half pay, try using a benefits calculator to check entitlement again. If you NI contributions are up to date from working in the previous 2 tax years then there will be entitlement to New style ESA. Please see the link I provided above for this. 

You will need a fit note and your SSP1 form to claim this. 
  • gilly08
    Options
    Thankyou so much 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.