If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Some people, what annoys you ?

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,801 Disability Gamechanger
Be it online or face to face what annoys you about some people for me it's simple.  bad manners.

And for you ?
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• kreacher
    kreacher Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
    Options
    people eating with their mouths open, looks like a washing machine, that annoys me alot
  • onedayatatime
    onedayatatime Community member Posts: 84 Pioneering
    Options
    My son refuses to put tea bags straight into the food bin on the side of the kitchen counter. He insists it's ok to put them in the little pot that holds the teaspoon used for making tea. They are literally inches apart from each other!!! 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,074 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lots of standard things annoy like rudeness or aggression or hypocrisy but something I think maybe more unique to me:

When someone is in a bad mood for whatever reason, it could well be a justified reason, but they then take that frustration out on innocent people by being miserable or grumpy towards them as well

I am aware that most people can't really help it and don't do it out of malice so maybe it's an irrational thing to be annoyed about, but it bothers me and I try hard not to do it, maybe I do also do it without realising though
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,675 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ignorance, judgement & hypocrisy.
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,000 Pioneering
    Options

SHOUTY people on phones with the LOUDspeaker on! 

People YELLING sermons through LOUDspeakers and obstructing pavements! 

• Amaya_Ringo
    Amaya_Ringo Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Options
    People vaping inside. Vaping is an individual choice which I respect. But not inside public buildings.

Also, dog owners taking their (not assistance) dogs into public places they don't need to be. I am pathologically afraid of dogs so this has made my life much more complicated. Adding to that, people who let their dogs off lead and run up to strangers and then laugh and say they're friendly. Well, fine. So am I, mostly. I bet they wouldn't be happy if I ran up to them and jumped up at their legs...

People playing music or videos out loud on buses and trains. Or eating right next to me. Or sitting next to me on the bus when most of the other seats are empty.

Hurting plants and killing bugs. 

• Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Options
    What gets me down is the fact verbally loud people have to come and sit right next to me. On Saturday I went into a very large and empty bar. I was playing on my tablet (earphones on so not annoying anyone). A group of people came in and sat right next to me. Their mouths were very loud. Then another group came in and sat directly behind me with their loud mouths. It is either Energy Vampirism or Safety in Numbers. Why do people have to come and sit right by you and shout?
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 514 Pioneering
    Options
    People who overstay their welcome, such as the Tory government persisting in retaining control despite all statistical indications to the contrary.

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 620 Pioneering
    Options
    People in public places playing loud games/music on their phone. 

Street Salesmen/Charity Vendors that pester you when just trying to get past to the shops and won't take no for an answer. 

Religious people shoving their beliefs and religion down other peoples throats who don't want to hear it. 

People sitting next to you on the bus/school kids shouting and screaming on the bus or playing loud music.

Shops that don't have a self checkout and the cashier rushing you to pay when your trying to bag items. I feel so flustered as I'm trying to pack as quick as possible.

Shopping at christmas, hate christmas music in shops, dislike brass bands as too noisy blasting their music and hate the crowds of people shopping who seem stressed and rude.

Too crowded areas or shopping centres (I avoid like the plague) as too busy and noisy and are a sensory overload.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Amaya_Ringo
    Amaya_Ringo Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Options
    Oh, I forgot the charity vendors.

I had abuse yelled at me recently by one of them because I avoided their intrusive clipboard waving and  walked on by. 

They are manifestly not autism friendly.
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 764 Pioneering
    Options
    When someone nags me to do something, then doesn't notice it's been done

Eg.  Loose skirting board, my wife kept on for days for me to paint it and fit it ...  2 weeks later hasn't noticed it's been done  ;)
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    People knocking on my front door, or ringing the doorbell more than once :D I don't like it at all but when they keep pressing or knocking it starts to get me annoyed!

Oh and religion, well not religion per se, but people pushing religion on others
  • michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    People knocking on my front door, or ringing the doorbell more than once :D I don't like it at all but when they keep pressing or knocking it starts to get me annoyed!

Oh and religion, well not religion per se, but people pushing religion on others

haha do what i did cut the wires i always sit in the dark because its easier on my eyes when dawnie is out they will come back if its important i am not going to get into religion or politic door knockers  
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    We have a sign on our door that says no salesmen, junk mail or cold callers, but some people ignore the sign and knock anyway. And we still get junk mail posted through. Grrrr.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Sham65
    Sham65 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Drivers who don't use their indicators properly.
  • Sham65
    Sham65 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    We have a sign on our door that says no salesmen, junk mail or cold callers, but some people ignore the sign and knock anyway. And we still get junk mail posted through. Grrrr.
    Put a notice on your door saying that you charge £5 per minute to listen to sales patter and this must be paid in advance.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.