Mid wheel drive versus rear wheel powerchairs. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mid wheel drive versus rear wheel powerchairs.

Options
Katherine Hayward
Katherine Hayward Community member Posts: 74 Listener
For power chair users: what are the advantages/disadvantages of mid wheel drive versus rear wheel drive? I know that mid wheel drive enables better turning in tight spaces and I have read that rear wheel drive has more stability and speed. Any other advantages and disadvantages? Technician finally coming on Thursday, 12 September so I need to know before then please . What is a mid wheel drive like at getting up / down ramps and on and off trains, as well as coping with uneven terrain. I've heard some rear wheel drive chairs tend to wander rather than stay on their own path. I'm interested in the quickie salsa, salsa m, jive or jive m . I haven't tried any of these chairs fully yet . I'm looking for a chair that can give a smooth and comfy ride too.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.