Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My 3 and a half year old son has been diagnosed as high-functioning autistic, one main issue being lack of interaction with peers. I am getting conflicting advice about schools: mainstream plus one-to-one help versus school with resource base. I live in Barnet so looking at Livingstones, Broadfields and Pathways plus some Jewish Primaries in particular Mathilda Marks. Grateful to hear from anyone who has faced similar decision or with experience of any of these schools.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.