assistance dog? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

assistance dog?

Options
milo
milo Community member Posts: 129 Pioneering
Hoping someone can help. I have a collie that we have trained to act as an assistance dog for me around the house. He also acts as a companion and gives me the confidence to go out alone, which is something i haven't been able to do for a long time. He regularly accompanies to our local shops but because he is not registered as an assistance dog, he has to be tied up outside, which i hate to do. I have been trying to get he assessed and registered but have only found one organisation who do it but their waiting list has been closed for months. Is anyone aware of any way i can have him registered so that he can enter shops etc. This doghhas made a huge difference to my life and I'd love for him to be a fully fledged assistance dog

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.