Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My son is 12 and is in year 7 and has had anxieties and struggled getting him to school since starting Secondary school in September. On the advice of a friend who is a retired social worker I requested a referral to an Educational Psychologist but was told by the year head that they wouldn't as that is only for total refusers. I would like to know if this is correct or can I insist on being referred . I'm at the end of my tether , my son does not have any disabilities apart from this anxiety for school and leaving me but I have mental health issues. Please can you advise me of my rights for my son to see an educational psychologist.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.