Educational Psychologist — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Educational Psychologist

JoJo64 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2016 in Education
My son is 12 and is in year 7 and has had anxieties and struggled getting him to school since starting Secondary school in September. On the advice of a friend who is a retired social worker I requested a referral to an Educational Psychologist but was told by the year head that they wouldn't as that is only for total refusers. I would like to know if this is correct or can I insist on being referred . I'm at the end of my tether , my son does not have any disabilities apart from this anxiety for school and leaving me but I have mental health issues. Please can you advise me of my rights for my son to see an educational psychologist.
Many thanks


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.