Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is ValTwine!

ValTwineValTwine Member Posts: 2 Listener
I have been unable to work since 2012 due to chronic M.E. and am in receipt of full housing/Council Tax benefits as well as the Support Group of ESA benefit. I was 56 on 12th of Jan this year, and last year cashed in 2 old work pensions which paid off debts and bills and household items I needed desperately. I have one more pension that I know I paid into from Jan 1985 to April 1989. I have been going round in circles and getting nowhere. I contacted the initial company - Schroder's, but they said that it became NM Schroder in 1987 (whilst I worked there as a full-time receptionist)then they changed again in the 1990's after I left, to Friends Provident. I have contacted ALL of these companies but they say they have no record of me working there!!! Unfortunately due to moving a number of times throughout the 1990's, I have lost all of my wageslips from my work there, so apart from giving them my NINO, they say they can't find me on their registers!!! Can you advise please?


  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi ValTwine,

    Welcome to the community :)
    I looked into this a little bit and came across this pension tracing service on the Age UK website. I don't know if it will be any help but I thought I would share it with you.
    Good luck
  • ValTwineValTwine Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your reply Debbie. I have tried Age UK but they couldn't help with my pension query. They gave me contacts but none of them worked. thank you anyway. Kind regards, ValTwine.
Sign in or join us to comment.