Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
how do I get my parish council to facilitate for me as a councillor
I have been a parish Councillor for just over a year. the council I sit on has done nothing to facilitate for my disabilities. I am wheelchair user and classed as severely disabled by the benefit system. When at council meeting I need a carer because I go in to spasm which makes it hard for me to breath.
how do I get them to facilitate for me. they even do thing like leave doors locked so I can not enter the building with my wheelchair because the doorway is to narrow. The building they use for meetings are not facilitated for disabled people they never consider my disability can you helpo me please
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.