The Children's Society research on debt & children's mental health - Call for research participants
The Children's Society is
conducting research into the impact of problem debt on children’s mental health
and emotional well-being. We hope to gain fresh insights on how low well-being
and poor mental health in children are linked to household poverty and problem
debt. We have already looked at data from national surveys and would also like
to talk to children and parents who live in low income households with debt
problems to explore their views and experiences of how their financial
situation affects their well-being and mental health.
The main criteria for a family to be interviewed for the research is that they are known to have a low household income. As part of the interview with the adults in the household we will ask about their financial situation and about their health and emotional well-being, and importantly the well-being of their children. We would also like to interview children themselves where possible. We will be trying to find out how debt problems are linked to stress, anxiety and depression as experienced by children and young people.
We would be grateful if you could help us spread the word among families you work with who might be interested in taking part in our research. The information sheets attached provided further details on the research both for recruiters and for parents and young people.
But if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly: Ilona Pinter at The Children's Society on [email protected] or 07713 878 207 / 020 7841 4600.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments