Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I'm in the middle of appealing against my PIP application and I must say what a carry on it is, I did not ask for a home visit but got one so when I got all the paperwork back after my first reconsideration was declined and some of comment and recommendations the so called Health Practioner said were down right lies, she said I would benefit from using lightweight sauce pans and adaptable utensils. I have always stated that I can cook my husband does it all, it doesn't matter how light the pan is once it full of water and veg it's too heavy any way, they only scored me 2 points for needs help to prepare and cook a simple meal. I bloody sure they just put what ever they want and everything depends on their say so . It's a joke, I've read some of your stories and I can empathise.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 925 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.