Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Want to carry on working
I work 18 hours per week, in a job I love. My employer has put many things in place to enable me to go on working with my numerous medical conditions. I'm 62 and have been with the firm for 17 years. My dla was stopped last may, and I've been refused pip. I'm waiting for a date for the tribunal. I would still have been entitled to tax credits, as I'm over 60, but they no longer exist in my area. I've been refused universal credit as I earn too much! I earn £600 pcm and my bills are £800. That's not counting food , transport, credit card etc. I'm getting into terrible debt and don't know what to do. How can I be earning too much for universal credit? I'm barely over the national living wage. Cab don't know what else to suggest. Please help.
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.