New member Paulf09 asks about sick notes being refused — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

New member Paulf09 asks about sick notes being refused

Paulf09 Member Posts: 1
Jobcentre refuse to take sick note cause it same illness when I was on esa got took off they saying iam fit for work but my doctor says there is no chance of me being fit for work due to illness need help and advice


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Paulf09

    Welcome to the community, I am moving your post to the Ask a Benefits Advisor section so you can get some support.

    I am sorry you are having a tough time and hope you can get some help and advice here on the forums.  

    Do take a look around the posts as you may find help reading other people's questions and answers.

    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi Paulf09,

    If you are using the sick note to take some time out of the Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) conditions of looking for work, then the Jobcentre should accept it - you can be sick for up to 13 weeks under this rule.

    If you're trying to claim ESA again though, then it is a problem - you can't get paid ESA unless you've got worse or have a new condition. The DWP might refer you for another medical or may just make a decision saying you can't get ESA, but in the meantime, you don't get paid.

    Please post back & tell us what you're trying to claim at the moment & we can give you more advice.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 210 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.