Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Child turning 20
Hello my child is leaving a specalist school becasue he turns 20 soon. He recieves pip at both enhanced rate. Would be beable to stay on my tax credit award rather than claim esa in his own right. He isnt capable of managing his finances hes still like a child wanting to go places and do things a child likes to do. I have a 11 year old awell. My disabled child been take off our tax credit award would put us in financial diffuculty because we would need to go back out to work to support the 11 year old but carnt because we have no care for the 20 year old it would be easier for him to stay on our tax credits award so i can provide him with all the things he needs
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.