Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

spastic Diplegia and back problems

SmudgeSmudge Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2017 in Disabled people
I have  spastic Diplegia all my life i am 50. I could not walk until i was three.
i have had two ops on hamstrings and Achilles which made me walk on my heels. 
I work. and i still think that doctors still do not know enough to help.  Just recently i have been having lower back problem, any one else having the same and take anything for it.

Replies

• GeoarkGeoark Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,370 Disability Gamechanger

Hi @Smudge and welcome to the community.

While you may not be overly impressed with doctors it is always worth checking the causes of lower back pain. What is causing the pain can affect how effective different treatment can be. Also if you could block the pain without knowing the cause you could cause further damage.

Alternatively have a chat with your local chemist and see what they recommend.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• SmudgeSmudge Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for that I will definitely have a word with the chemist
  • htlcyhtlcy Member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    Hi @Smudge thanks for sharing your story. I actually have hemiplegia but I also have a severe spinal condition as a result. As far as I am aware cerebral palsy can indeed contribute to back and spinal issues so definitely go to get it checked if you can. The key is finding someone who is willing to listen.  It's frustrating,  I know, but that's my advice. Let us know how you get on.
    Heather 
Sign in or join us to comment.