Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Disabled mother not allowed to live with me according to council

tara123tara123 Member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi I'm in temporary housing single mum with 2 children. I fleed DV.
recently my mother had a fall in my brothers house. She broke her hip and went into hospital. Whilst in hospital she told me she didn't want to return to the house due to years of DV and she was afraid of going back. 
I bought her into my temporary housing and she is with me now. 
Ive asked the council to add her to my housing application as she now has a disabikty and she's very vulnerable .
however they have refused. I don't no what to do as mum doesn't have anywhere else to go. She doesn't want to go to a care home or live alone. She's not a home  owner so she is homeless. I want to look after her as I've been through DV too and I know how she feels.
she also has arthritis of the kneck and the knee and can't walk very far. Only with a Zimmer frame she can move but not long lengths until she gets tired.
the council are refusing for her to live with me as they said they don't have a duty towards her but only towards me and my 2 children. Help 


Sign in or join us to comment.