Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hand disorder, advice please
Hi Can anyone help. I'm not asking for a diagnosis or medical advice apart from which direction to go in. The middle finger of my left hand has become painful and over night some times my fingers curl up and I cannot straighten them. This morning there was a clicking sensation in the joint of my middle finger as it straighened out. I've been seeing an orthopaedic specialist with a foot problem and have an appointment on Friday. Should I mention my hand or will he just refer me back to my GP. I visited my GP specifically with this problem a couple of weeks ago but it wasn't clicking and I forgot to mention the pain as it hadn't been too bad up till now but is getting worse. She just said it could be a tendon tightening up overnight and it wasn't serious and left it at that. I'm not happy and want it looked at again. Has anyone else had anything like this and what do you suggest I do next?
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 796 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 706 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.