Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

I am disabled and struggling

Suzanne910 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My name is Suzanne.
 I have a few disabilities just had surgery on my hand ,and foot I have arthritis in both hands feet hips I also suffer ,with asthma /copd and am a type 2 diabetic on insulin injections 4 times, a day I am waiting for bariatric surgery as I am over weight and bladder surgery as I have a prolapsed bladder 
Besides this is am always tired suffer with awful constipation and vaginally dryness I also suffer with depression and I have taken antidepressants for the last 6 years .I am 57 years old just lost both my parents dad in January this year and mum in 2015  .
I have a poor long suffering partner a sister and brother and two sons .
I also work 30 hours a week in a shop no sitting down doing two shifts 6-2 or 3-11  


  • htlcy
    htlcy Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Hello @Suzanne910 and thanks for sharing a little about yourself. It sounds like you've been having a really difficult time and I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with not only physical conditions but mental illness. There's lots of us who can sympathize with you (including myself), and I really hope you get some support and positivity from this community. Hope to hear from you soon! Heather :smiley:
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Suzanne910 welcome to the community, I am sorry you are having such a tough time!

    With regards to your work, can you ask for any adjustments? To have some seated time perhaps?
    Senior online community officer
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger

    You could ask your GP to refer you to a specialist gynaecology unit about your vaginal dryness.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.