PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Have your say about your online community! Complete our annual survey.

How long for a pip decision

thedarkknightthedarkknight Member Posts: 13 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
just asking to see how long it takes and could I phone up and check what's going on 

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    You can ring and request a copy of the assessment report. This will give you an idea of your possible award but although the DM usually takes notice of the report they are the ones who make the decision. It is a good idea to obtain the report for your records or incase you want to challenge the decision,
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Liam_AlumniLiam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,114 Pioneering
    Hi @thedarkknight,

It can take between six to eight weeks to find out the result of a PIP assessment. However, if you need to find out more about the status of your claim, then the contact info for ongoing claims is 0345 850 3322.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • thedarkknightthedarkknight Member Posts: 13 Listener
    Thanks I'll give them a call by Friday , is the claim stronger if u have a lot of evidence  and medical records? 
  • Liam_AlumniLiam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,114 Pioneering
    Hi @thedarkknight,

The 'How your disability affects you' form allows the DWP to understand more about your condition and the problems you face, so I think supplying medical evidence would certainly help your claim.

Disability Rights UK say "The DWP encourages you to send supporting evidence with your completed form", and Citizens Advice say:
    "It's useful to include evidence from health professionals on how your condition affects you. It can give the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) a clearer picture of how your condition affects you and give you a better chance of being properly assessed." 
    I hope this helps!
    Liam
  • wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,316 Pioneering
    @thedarkknight Sorry to have to say this, but the way PIP works currently very often means Medical evidence or any type of evidence is ignored. The advisors job, which they do very well, is to tell you how PIP is supposed to work, but unfortunately that's not the reality of how it is actually working. It'll be helpful to you to know how the assessor's and DWP Decision Makers make their decisions. Firstly assessors are supposed to have read your claim form and looked at all the medical evidence before they do your report, but this very often does not happen. Asking for a copy of your assessment report will tell you to see whether or not your assessor had any other knowledge of your condition and how it affects you apart from what was discussed during your assessment. After the report is sent to the DWP the Decision Maker's job is to use ALL available evidence along with the report to make their own informed decision on what your PIP award should be. The reality is they mostly just take what the assessor has suggested for points and reasons given and do your Decision letter based on that alone. At this stage if you're not happy with your award it's a good idea to check which evidence the DWP are not using and tell them this when doing a Mandatory Reconsideration. Many people have quite a fight to get their evidence used correctly as it should be. You may be OK and not have to do any more than you have already done but knowing what to look out for if things don't go your way will give you the advantage over a system that is not working as it should. 
  • AKrisAKris Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hia Wildlife, what you're saying about them ignoring evidence is extremely worrying. Is there any way we can try to ensure they do take evidence into account?
    @AKris All you can do is become proactive as soon as you realize they've got something wrong. Whenever you contact DWP whether by phone or letter refer to your Medical Evidence. By phone I mean you can at any time ask for a call back from a Decision Maker and when they ring tell them the assessor did not take into consideration your Medical Evidence. When writing your MR you can for example say you can only walk 20 metres before having to rest Reference: My Doctor's Letter dated .......... (only an example as I don't know your circumstances). They have no excuse then not to look at the evidence you have provided and it will also help if you have to Appeal. Hope that helps.    
  • thedarkknightthedarkknight Member Posts: 13 Listener
    @wildlife when the assessor finished her assessment with me she did say going from all your medical records and evidence i can understand everything so from that she has deffo read my stuff 
    @thedarkknight I'm sure there are some good, genuine assessors and hopefully you had one of them. For many of them it's a question of time and pressure being put on them to complete so many assessments per day and therefore not being able to study all documentation for every one. The amount of people having to complain and 65% being overturned at Tribunal is undeniable. ATOS are 5 months behind in their investigations of complaints. I'm truly hoping it doesn't happen to you. Let us know what your assessor's report has to say.
  • ourvoicesourvoices Member Posts: 47 Connected
    edited August 2017

Hi Everybody, @Wildlife knows how I (and many of us) feel aggrieved by this process.

I am currently putting together a complaint to Atos about my own personal experience.

Unfortunately, it is very true to say that all the evidence is not always considered.  Since obtaining a copy of my own assessment report, I have discovered that a number of things the Health Professional (HP) reported were not factual or were incorrect.

Personally, I felt like the opinions were based on which bits of evidence fitted the descriptor that awarded the least points.  For example, I said that I can occasionally walk short distances and that I am a wheelchair user.  This was corroborated by the HP at the assessment and by my consultant. 

I was awarded 10 points - "I have decided you can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20m but no more than 50m"

Being flippant - maybe they considered my wheelchair to be a fashion statement and that it is my personal choice not to walk.

I have submitted a Mandatory Reconsideration refuting this (and other decisions).

So, I will complain to Atos, the DWP........

(and to our MPs on behalf of everyone).

@ourvoices thanks for agreeing with me. It sounds like you got off lightly unless there were other worse statements on your report. I hope things have improved What I and many others experienced as recently as earlier this year were false MSE results, some not even done, and the rest of the reports were like someone else's. 
                      Complaining is useful to help DWP and the Appeal panel to know you are dissatisfied with the quality of your assessment and the report but ATOS and DWP are not accepting there's anything wrong. The only thing ATOS did accept was the lack of editing by the assessor i.e. spelling mistakes which cannot be denied as they're in black and white. I received 6 A4 sheets of absolute rubbish as the final outcome of their investigation of my complaint. There were lies to cover up the original ones. We need to be helping people to overcome the treatment that these companies are getting away with. It's no use just saying how things are supposed to work leaving expectation and then further frustration and anger when you realize they're not playing ball. That's what I'm trying to do. to tell it how it is. While ever we just sit back and accept this gross injustice the longer it will be before things are changed.  
  • HenryHenry Member Posts: 66 Courageous
    How   do    the   disabled   people  over come this injustice  as  all   appears   to ly  in the hands of the  assessment person. ?
  • lisabrazil80lisabrazil80 Member Posts: 89 Connected
     I had my assessment on Wednesday when do you think I'll hear from them for when will they contact me
    When will they contact me how long do I need to connect my mobility
     assessment on Wednesday when do you think I should call them to get my decision and how to get recall and tell me please if they've already deleted it in Medway
     I had my assessment on Wednesday when do you call them to get the report anyone know for how long will have to wait coming
    Liz's.     I telephoned for  report. I  was told  I could  not  receive it until  the Decision maker  makes decision.
    It  will  be   8   weeks.
  • wak10wak10 Member Posts: 6 Listener
    What I have found is that people who suffer from mental health I.E anxiety and depression seem to be successful and proceeded faster . 
  • joyclynjoyclyn Member Posts: 67 Courageous
    I don't personally   I have suffered many years .on DLA  years now after pip  I got no points  iromic
    Joycyln.    Got  no points  for  anxiety &   depression  ?
    Seems strange
    Any   other  British Veterans   on this  site  ?
    My auntie claimed through anxiety and depression.  She was self harming and on regular medication which effected her greatly . She was told to claim for pip she filled in the form had an assessment and 8 weeks later was awarded a substantial monthly pay out . 
    Again another person unknown to me living in Nottingham received £20000 in back pay claiming pip for anxiety and depression. He was in our local paper last year . Yet how come people who have physical disabilities struggle to get an award ? Really confused me . 
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    The decision took four weeks from my assessment. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
    Wak10.   What    .... enhanced  on  care  & mobility? 
    I don't know the full details on the man that was awarded £20000 in back pay . But my aunties claim went through very quick . Obviously mental health is a big thing now days to what it was and they did go through her medical records thoroughly. Again I don't know everything that was put in her assessment paper all that I know are the obvious difficulties mentally she's having and been and through her medication ( which they were particularly interested in ) . I just wish I knew what they base it all on as it seems the criteria is different from one person to the next and dosent seem fair . 
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    That seems a lot for pip.
    there must of been something else going on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,756 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Victoriad I suggest you read my message again . I said mental health is a big thing now days compared to what it use to be . I.E it's taken more seriously than ever now . I don't need lecturing on mental health as I suffer from it after having a huge breakdown 2 years ago . I'm on sertaline and propranonol dailey I've self harmed to the extent I've scarred my stomach and cut skin from my thumbs . Ive had counciling fortnight appointments at he doctors and my work let me go as they thought I wasn't safe to be around or drive my van . 
    So I do suggest you read my message again . 
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wak10, are you receiving any support for your mental health at the moment?
    @PippaScope hello 
    I'm having regular sessions at my GP and a counciling session every two weeks . I really struggle with the medication it plays havoc with my stomach . I was hung out to dry by my work place . So called one of the biggest companies in the U.K. And just left me there when I needed help . If it wasn't for my partner I don't know where I'd be . I'm am not claiming pip either . I always thought there's worst people off than me and I wouldn't get it anyway and claiming things like that scare me as I've never claimed a benefit in my life . My health is more important I'm trying everything but as people say the mind is a dangerous place . One point I was concvinced I had cancer in my stomach so I cut my stomach to bits now I'm scarred . I was diagnosed with a health disorder but that was only the tip of the iceberg . 
    Thanks for sharing this @wak10.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of self-harm or suicide, it's important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. You can call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at [email protected] You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself. If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

I'm glad to hear that you have a supportive partner and you're being seen by a GP and councillor, and really hope these things are helpful. If you do decide to make a PIP claim, do let us know and we'll do our best to support you, as will other members of the community.

@pippascope I appreciate your support :) a reason why I signed up and to find out more how other people are managing with mental health . 
    Thankyou 
  • sdoc94sdoc94 Member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Hi,

As this post is titled 'How long for a pip decision' I have a question.

I have seen people on various forums/groups etc saying they got back-payment into their bank accounts before receiving their PIP decision? 

Is this common? I have currently been waiting for 13 days and it is really starting to get tiring, the worry, the not knowing.
    Shady.
    Hi @sdoc94, I can't say that I've heard of this happening before but perhaps some of our other members will be able to share their experiences!
    It is possible to receive backpayment before decision letter as payments are made electronically and letters often take 10 days
    If other departments are involved ie council tax or motorbility they are also advised electronically and you may here from them before your letter arrives

CR
  • sdoc94sdoc94 Member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Wouldn't it just be great to check the account and see a payment. Patiently waiting and it is driving me nuts.
    Shady.
  • MalueMalue Member Posts: 5 Listener
    just asking to see how long it takes and could I phone up and check what's going on 
    My husbands was today 28/03/2108 after over a years wait.   They told him they would post out their decision. Seemed a little strange to me.  The welfare rights officer pointed out the conflicting reports from ESA and PIP 
    ESA added him to a top group and deemed him unable to work. The PIP assessor said the opposite.  Even little lies like he was playing on a laptop when she cane out.   Adequate eye contact.  No signs of confusion.  ETC all totally different from the ESA report.  Now we have to await a decision by post. I’ve never heard that before.  
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    @Malue,
    I have posted on your thread strange decision, I hope it helps
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    I had f2f on 15th Feb.
    had report 3weeks
    still no decision letter
  • ellied2004ellied2004 Member Posts: 13 Courageous
    I had f2f on 2nd March, dwp received it on the 15th and my decision was made on 26th March.
  • beepsbeeps Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi, I’m new here and have a couple a queries I hope you can help with. I have been on the standard rate of pip and mobility fir a couple of years but due to my illness significantly worsening, I reapplied in the hope of receiving enhanced mobility. I had my f2f assessment at my home today after it being cancelled twice before. The assessor was absolutely lovely and knew a bit about my illness even though it’s quite rare, which was a relief, but she didn’t actually ask very much, a couple of questions about how I cope with meds, cooking, getting around, but not in much detail, didn’t do any physical checks. Is this because I tried to put a lot of detail in my application? I couldn’t get a docs letter as they now charge £30 which I cudnt afford, so I tried to be as detailed as possible, or is it because I already get standard pip? My other query, when she was leaving she said that I’d hear in 4-6 weeks and if there was any change “like an increase or anything” it would be backdated. I’m trying not to read too much into it but having mobility help would be life changing for me as I can’t use public transport. So, if I do get it and it’s backdated, will it just be the difference between standard and enhanced backdated to when I reapplied?
    sorry fir long post, my head is a bit mashed and didn’t think to ask her. 
    Thsnks in advance. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    beeps said:
    Hi, I’m new here and have a couple a queries I hope you can help with. I have been on the standard rate of pip and mobility fir a couple of years but due to my illness significantly worsening, I reapplied in the hope of receiving enhanced mobility. I had my f2f assessment at my home today after it being cancelled twice before. The assessor was absolutely lovely and knew a bit about my illness even though it’s quite rare, which was a relief, but she didn’t actually ask very much, a couple of questions about how I cope with meds, cooking, getting around, but not in much detail, didn’t do any physical checks. Is this because I tried to put a lot of detail in my application? I couldn’t get a docs letter as they now charge £30 which I cudnt afford, so I tried to be as detailed as possible, or is it because I already get standard pip? My other query, when she was leaving she said that I’d hear in 4-6 weeks and if there was any change “like an increase or anything” it would be backdated. I’m trying not to read too much into it but having mobility help would be life changing for me as I can’t use public transport. So, if I do get it and it’s backdated, will it just be the difference between standard and enhanced backdated to when I reapplied?
    sorry fir long post, my head is a bit mashed and didn’t think to ask her. 
    Thsnks in advance. 
    Assessment times vary and there's no set time really. No one can tell you if it's good or bad why you weren't ask many questions. I really do hope you sent in evidence to support your claim? They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. It's a huge risk reporting those changes.

There's no time scales to decisions, it all depends on backlog in your area. You can risk DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

If your award is increased then yes it will be backdated and it will be the difference between the rate you have now and the new award. If the decision doesn't go in your favour then your payments will stop 4 weeks after the decision is made. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • sahara01sahara01 Member Posts: 31 Connected
    I'm worried sick even although I have over 28 chronic medical conditions because if I lose my car I don't know what I will do it's my lifeline  I can't use public transport 
    Just waiting for my form to come 
    Bad enough I'm worried about my next op on 16th
    I will be asking my GP for a letter of support and stating on the form that I'm more than happy for them to contact my GP and the 3 hospital s im under but what other "medical evidence" do I need?
    This is making me so I'll
    I will be requesting a home visit!
  • wizzwozwizzwoz Member Posts: 26 Connected
    You can ring and request a copy of the assessment report. This will give you an idea of your possible award but although the DM usually takes notice of the report they are the ones who make the decision. It is a good idea to obtain the report for your records or incase you want to challenge the decision,
    Hi ive just receaved a letter off pip saying they have receaved allthe information they need to make a decision about my claim
    My pip ftf was 3 weeks ago the assesser told me it would take 2 to 3 weeks for a decision.so why am i still waiting pip carry on paying my DLA wich runs out on 8th december if they still have not made there decision will it get back dated
    There's no time scales to decisions, backlogs is just one of many reasons a decision can be delayed and it can take anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer. Your DLA will continue until a decision is made on your PIP.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Oh rite i have read outher blogs saying pip only carry one paying your DLA 4 weeks after your ftf assessment.and if it takes longer to get a decition then they back date it is this true?
  • TardisTardis Member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    No, they pay the DLA for 4 weeks after the decision.  Then they pay PIP.  I'm pretty sure the dates and amounts of the last DLA payment and first PIP payment were on our decision letter.
    @Tardis is correct.
    Oh right thankyou. I have read blogs about peoples pip awards are sometimes lower than what there DLA aword was and they apeald the decition n ended up looseing points🤔
    Im on medium rate care n high rate mobility n my condition has worsend since i applied for DLA n never botherd Telling DLA at the time as they lost my first application back in 2011 and it was all sent by special delivery then i sent a second lot same way n they lost that too my carer had to spend nearly an hour sending the lot again by email n it took 11 weeks to make a decition thats why i never told DLA of my chainges in fear of them messing up my claim
    So im hopeing its good news this time from pip i should get enhanced of both ill have to wait n see all my home is addapted and i use loads of aids ect n need care all round the clock so fingers crossed 
    Hi CockneyRebel i had my ftf pip assessment 3 weeks ago on 7th november the assessor was lovely my assessment lasted 22 minutes she said it will take between 2 to 3 weeks for a pip dection i receaved a text from DWP next day 8th november saying they had receaved the assessors report yesterday i receaved a letter from DWP confirming they had all the information they need to make a dection.
    When can i ask for a report on my assessment as i would like to know what the assessor wrote n how meany points ive scord so i can challange it if need be.
    I read that you cannot have areport untill the DM has made there dection.
    So can i give them a call today n ask for a coppy of the report?
    If you live in the UK they will send the assessment report out to you before the decision is made. I've had copies of all my reports before a decision is made.

If you live in Northern Ireland they won't send it until the decision is made.
    Oh rite i thought u had to ring them n ask for the report
    I live in london uk ive read blogs of ppl not getting there report atall they have to request it them selves im new to pip so have no idear a few ppl i know here in uk had to rrquest there report after they were refused pip n they only give u 4 weeks to ask for a MR ill wait anouther 2 weeks and then it has been 4 months since i applyed for pip from DLA to ftf 3 weeks ago when i was told by DWP its 10 weeks from sending in the form to when u get a dection not true 
  • TardisTardis Member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Yes, you do need to ring them, but they should send it out straight away.  It's just in NI they don't, the rest of the UK they do.
    The time scales they tell you are just a guide. Lots of things can delay a decision. As you're transferring from DLA the good thing is your DLA is paid until a decision is made, so you're not without money. I know it's very stressful but there's nothing you can do until that decision is made, other than request a copy of the report.
  • LouleyLouley Member Posts: 4 Listener
    We had f2f Oct 10th still waiting on a decision, just over 7 weeks so far. 
    Had my pip home assessment Monday 
    DWP received it on Wednesday 
    Not sure whether to ring them for my report?
    I'm in uk. Was told it will take 6 weeks for a decision. All so stressful 
    The lady who came out was very helpful and tried to help as much as possible 
    I have 30 chronic medical conditions and under 5 hospitals 
    sahara01 said:
    Had my pip home assessment Monday 
    DWP received it on Wednesday 
    Not sure whether to ring them for my report?
    I'm in uk. Was told it will take 6 weeks for a decision. All so stressful 
    The lady who came out was very helpful and tried to help as much as possible 
    I have 30 chronic medical conditions and under 5 hospitals 
    You can ring DWP anytime for a copy of the report to be sent to you. Decision times vary and can be anything from 2-8 weeks sometimes longer. Not sure who told you it will take 6 weeks.
    Was assessor who came out who told me it was 6 weeks 
    Think I'll ring 2m try to get my report 
  • LouleyLouley Member Posts: 4 Listener
    @poppy123456 I was also told  6 weeks also by the assessor 
    The decision is out of the hands of the assessor, how long it takes is down to the backlog or delay in the office hadling your claim
    Tardis said:
    Yes, you do need to ring them, but they should send it out straight away.  It's just in NI they don't, the rest of the UK they do.
    Thankyou Tardis i rang the DWP this afternoon and i requested my assessment report the man said hes going to send it out asap.so fingers crossed🙄😁 my house is all addappted has loads of aids rails ramps the lot so hopefuly ill get aworded it i was on medum rate care n high rate mobility on DLA n my care n condition has chainged for the worce so hopefuly ill get enhanced rate of both but ill have to wait n see
    Just asking if i receave the same on pip can i ask for a reconsideration for enhanced rate of care as i need care round the clock.or would i loose it all or would i loose points? Because my daughter whos my carer said she would appeal if i only get standerd rate of care 
    If you are unhappy with your award, first is to request an MR.
    It is possible for an award to be down graded or lost all together
    Ok thankyou for your advice ill keep that in mind you have all been most helpful thankyou 
    Had my home assessments Monday 
    Called today for a copy of my report which I've been informed I should receive next Thursday /Friday 
  • GeckoGecko Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Wow I didn’t realise it would take up to 8 weeks for a decision!
    My application went in in June (mainly for daily living) and I heard very quickly re having a face to face and enough time to arrange for a support worker to attend with me. I can’t really go out on my own due to PTS symptoms including dissociation/derealisation so I couldn’t go on my own. Day before the appointment the S/w had to cancel. I had to phone the assessment ppl to ask to rearrange.There was then what to me seemed like a completely Kafkaesque situation where they said I had to miss the assessment then wait two days and ring up again, they would then put me through to DWP and I could tell them why I had missed it. In the meantime my file would be sent back to the DWP. They would make a decision on whether to agree to another appointment for an assessment. So I did that and was told the DWP would now wait to get my file back and would then decide whether I had a good reason for missing my assessment. They said if we agree you did, we will then send your file back to the assessment ppl and tell them to send you a new appointment. The first I would hear would be getting an appointment in the post. Well that was August so I ended up forgetting all about it and thinking they must have decided not. I was on the verge of making a new claim when I suddenly got an appointment for 21 Nov. So with that out of the way how long will I expect to wait to hear about their decision? Also, will it be backdated to June? 
    There's no time scales for any decision. Backlogs is just one reason that can delay it. Ring and ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with the report. If you live in the UK then you can have the report before a decision is made.

If you're transferring from DLA then there's no backdated money. If it's a first time claim then yes it's backdated to the date you rang to start the claim.
    ourvoices said:

Hi Everybody, @Wildlife knows how I (and many of us) feel aggrieved by this process.

I am currently putting together a complaint to Atos about my own personal experience.

Unfortunately, it is very true to say that all the evidence is not always considered.  Since obtaining a copy of my own assessment report, I have discovered that a number of things the Health Professional (HP) reported were not factual or were incorrect.

Personally, I felt like the opinions were based on which bits of evidence fitted the descriptor that awarded the least points.  For example, I said that I can occasionally walk short distances and that I am a wheelchair user.  This was corroborated by the HP at the assessment and by my consultant. 

I was awarded 10 points - "I have decided you can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20m but no more than 50m"

Being flippant - maybe they considered my wheelchair to be a fashion statement and that it is my personal choice not to walk.

I have submitted a Mandatory Reconsideration refuting this (and other decisions).

So, I will complain to Atos, the DWP........

(and to our MPs on behalf of everyone).

Hi im sorry to read this
    I had simler the HP who done my ftf assessment that lasted 22 minutes 
    She asked me 10 questions i awnserd them in alot of pain ect i too whent in my wheelchair as i cannot walk..the assessor also lied and fabricated about 2 questions she had asked me also controdicted her self twice.but also kindly suported me in outher words sticking up for me..whitch i found confusein 🤔plus when i added up the points i got 31 points 🤔 12 for mobility n 19 for care do they add them all together or sepritely what would i been aworderd? I dont understand how tjey work it out
    It's the points recommendation you need to look at. They don't add the points together for daily living and mobility, it's separate for each. The points that have been recommended for you, 12 for mobility and 19 for daily living means a recommendation for Enhanced for both parts. The points needs for an award for Enhanced is 12 points for daily living and 12 for mobility.

The easiest way to understand it is to look at the report with all the dots/ticks and transfer those into this PIP self test. At the end of the test it will tell you what the points are for each part. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Remember the report is just a recommendation but the decision maker usually goes with the report. You'll still have to wait for the decision.

I received my report yesterday after requesting it on Friday (had my home assessment last Monday) after counting the points I have 12 points for each however I totally disagree with a lot of what the report says. She has failed to include a lot of very vital info plus she has denied I have certain things which is in my medical notes with my GP
    Plus hasn't added ALL my medication even although she had a scripted list 
    Also only listed a couple of my medical conditions yet I have about 30 and am under 5 hospitals.. I really am not happy about the fact a lot of the report is incorrect on principle 
    There's nothing more annoying about the fact you have been diagnosed with certain conditions - suffering continuously with the symptoms only for an assessor to deny you even have it. I think my GP and consultants clearly know better yet it is being denied..
    sahara01 said:
    I received my report yesterday after requesting it on Friday (had my home assessment last Monday) after counting the points I have 12 points for each however I totally disagree with a lot of what the report says. She has failed to include a lot of very vital info plus she has denied I have certain things which is in my medical notes with my GP
    Plus hasn't added ALL my medication even although she had a scripted list 
    Also only listed a couple of my medical conditions yet I have about 30 and am under 5 hospitals.. I really am not happy about the fact a lot of the report is incorrect on principle 
    As the recommendations are Enhanced for both then the last thing you want to do is rock the boat because you're unhappy with things that weren't written in the report. If the decision is Enhanced for both parts then it would be ridiculous to take it further because of what's not written in the report. Doing so could lose you everything.

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, and taking medication won't score you anymore points.
    Thanks I'm aware of that and the last thing I want to do is rock the boat. 
    It's just annoying when you have certain conditions which they are denying.
    Im just so glad it appears I have made it JUST as I was on enhanced for both whilst on dla although it's obviously dwp who makes the final decision
    I won't be saying anything obviously unless the decision is ruled against me and I need to request an MR
    My support worker was there so I have a witness . 

It's rare for them to go against the report but of course you'll need to wait for the decision. Decision times can be anything up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer.
    Yes it's doubtful they will go against it but u just never know 
    Nothing is ever guaranteed until you get it in writing 
    As previously mentioned the assessor told me 6 weeks but will just have to wait and see 
    It's the points recommendation you need to look at. They don't add the points together for daily living and mobility, it's separate for each. The points that have been recommended for you, 12 for mobility and 19 for daily living means a recommendation for Enhanced for both parts. The points needs for an award for Enhanced is 12 points for daily living and 12 for mobility.

The easiest way to understand it is to look at the report with all the dots/ticks and transfer those into this PIP self test. At the end of the test it will tell you what the points are for each part. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Remember the report is just a recommendation but the decision maker usually goes with the report. You'll still have to wait for the decision.

Thankyou i have done that already 19 for daily liveing and 12 for mobility by 1 point 
    Hi @thedarkknight,

It can take between six to eight weeks to find out the result of a PIP assessment. However, if you need to find out more about the status of your claim, then the contact info for ongoing claims is 0345 850 3322.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Hi Liam0 Dell 
    I had my ftf on 7th november 18 i receaved a text from DWP the next day at 12 noon to tell me they had receaved the assessors report and i will hear from them with a decsion within 6 weeks.
    I rang them 3 weeks later and asked for a coppy of the report and i receaved that 3 days later.
    I rang them 4 days befor christmas eve n asked why i have not receaved a decsition yet and the officer told me they have not yet made a decsition yet 🤔 then why send me a text saying within 6 weeks ill get a decsition
    I still have not herd nouthing from them and its comeing up 9 weeks 
    @wizzwoz the timescale is just a guide, backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. With the Christmas closing days is will have delayed it further. The report will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the recommendations in there.
    Oh right thankyou
    I got 12 for the mobility and 19 for the daily liveing
    Do they still carry on paying you untill your dection letter arrives?
    Also if the money has gone up do they back date it from when the ftf assessment report was receaved? 
    joyclyn said:
    I don't personally   I have suffered many years .on DLA  years now after pip  I got no points  iromic
    Hi joyclyn,sorry to read this its shamefull.im all for the ftf myself as anyone can milk a form thats why DWP chainged the way they do things.its these people who milk n lie about there condition and us genuine people with life lobg suffering suffer the most.
    But thats just bad that you got 0 points🤔
    I whent to a ftf and my Assessor was verry nice 
    When i receaved my report the HP contedicted them selves twice and lied when askinging me two questions about the awnsers i gave them.it seamed like they were supportive one minute n against me the next spellings were **** and some sentences did not make sence🙄 but i got 12 on one part and 19 on the outher.
    But i read if people complain about the lies ect you loose your points or get it removed.
    Thats so rong 
    I hope u fight your case because u are entiteld to your money x
     assessment on Wednesday when do you think I should call them to get my decision and how to get recall and tell me please if they've already deleted it in Medway
    Hi lisabrazil80
    I had my ftf on 7th november 18
    Got a text from DWP the next day 8th saying they had receaved my assessment report along with stating i would hear from them within 6 weeks
    On the 4th week i rang them and asked for a coppy of my assessment report that took 2 days to arrive
    Its now 7th january 19 and still no decition has been made hopefuly ill hear somthing soon from the time they sent me my pip form to fill in wich was 14th august untill now has been 6 months it said 14 weeks from start to fnish thats with Atos
    So just keep ringing them
    This has been said many times before on here. Very few people claim PIP fraudulently.
    wizzwoz said:
    joyclyn said:
    Hi joyclyn,sorry to read this its shamefull.im all for the ftf myself as anyone can milk a form thats why DWP chainged the way they do things.its these people who milk n lie about there condition and us genuine people with life lobg suffering suffer the most.
    But thats just bad that you got 0 points🤔
    I whent to a ftf and my Assessor was verry nice 
    When i receaved my report the HP contedicted them selves twice and lied when askinging me two questions about the awnsers i gave them.it seamed like they were supportive one minute n against me the next spellings were **** and some sentences did not make sence🙄 but i got 12 on one part and 19 on the outher.
    But i read if people complain about the lies ect you loose your points or get it removed.
    Thats so rong 
    I hope u fight your case because u are entiteld to your money x
    The only way to receive an award is to meet the criteria of the descriptors, and this is what you need to concentrate on when requesting MR or appeal. Trying to refute an HCP opinions and misrepresentations will not help.
    Any request for a review of your claim can result in losing points or whole claim. The success rate at tribunal is far more successful than at MR
  • phoeiblazephoeiblaze Member Posts: 32 Connected
    edited January 2019
    Hi all,

I'm 34 yrs old. I had my PIP f2f on Jan 14th. Received text on 16th Jan saying DWP had my report and will make decision within 6 weeks. I suffer from PTSD, EUPD, Anxiety, Depression, Iron deficiency Anemia, recently diagnosed with Mild Sleep Apnea and COPD (Non smoker). Have not worked since 2015. I am on Mirtazaphine 45mg daily each evening, amoxicillin daily  and am on 2 different inhalers i take in total 7 times daily. My f2f lasted maybe 30 mins (not good with time lengths due to depersonalisation and dissociation patterns). My accessor asked me maybe 10 questions I think which concentrated around every day life, mental state/mood swings, cooking and how i was in company of others as well as walking and travelling. From the first question she asked, which I cant remember, I burst into tears and cried throughout the whole f2f while trying to answer her questions. Hopefully I was able to give the necessary answers and will be awarded at least standard living rate. Nervous with regards to waiting and finding out results. 
    Hi all,

I'm 34 yrs old. I had my PIP f2f on Jan 14th. Received text on 16th Jan saying DWP had my report and will make decision within 6 weeks. I suffer from PTSD, EUPD, Anxiety, Depression, Iron deficiency Anemia, recently diagnosed with Mild Sleep Apnea and COPD (Non smoker). Have not worked since 2015. I am on Mirtazaphine 45mg daily each evening, amoxicillin daily  and am on 2 different inhalers i take in total 7 times daily. My f2f lasted maybe 30 mins (not good with time lengths due to depersonalisation and dissociation patterns). My accessor asked me maybe 10 questions I think which concentrated around every day life, mental state/mood swings, cooking and how i was in company of others as well as walking and travelling. From the first question she asked, which I cant remember, I burst into tears and cried throughout the whole f2f while trying to answer her questions. Hopefully I was able to give the necessary answers and will be awarded at least standard living rate. Nervous with regards to waiting and finding out results. 
    Hi,

Remember that PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's now those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. It's also not about being able to work.

If you live in the UK you can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. You'll be able to add compare those boxes with either dots or ticks next to them against to PIP descriptors to see what score has been recommended, if any.

Decision times vary depending on backlog in your area. Good luck.
    I'm iffy about asking for a report as I'll start worrying more. Afraid of what she's written etc. Even If she writes in my favor, I'll still worry the DM will deny my claim. Ugh, hope get a response soon lol. 
    So I requested the report last week and received it today. Wish I hadn't. I'm in such a rage over the foolishness I read. Some of the stuff on it I hadn't said and although I spent the full f2f in tears, to her I was tearful at times but appeared calm. She noted I used my inhalers for sleep apnea instead of copd. Ugh, I wish I could smack her. I only count 2 points overall. Guess I wont be getting PIP. 
    So I requested the report last week and received it today. Wish I hadn't. I'm in such a rage over the foolishness I read. Some of the stuff on it I hadn't said and although I spent the full f2f in tears, to her I was tearful at times but appeared calm. She noted I used my inhalers for sleep apnea instead of copd. Ugh, I wish I could smack her. I only count 2 points overall. Guess I wont be getting PIP. 
    Hi,

They mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Once a decision is made you'll have 1 month to request the MR then Tribunal if that fails.

For the MR you should put it in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity.
    Hi i also was angry on some of my report too.
    Fabricated twice and contedictions twice n some did not make any sence spelling was **** too no better than mine
    But they need to know how your dissibility affects you and if you did not awnser all there questions they cant write anything so they have to go on visual report
    Get your MR asap try to stay strong you will get it in the end half of these assessors are rushed and only have 4 weeks training n told what to do if peoples ftf dont go well
    My assessment lasted 22 minutes.n i got it by 1 point 
    wizzwoz said:
    Hi i also was angry on some of my report too.
    Fabricated twice and contedictions twice n some did not make any sence spelling was **** too no better than mine
    But they need to know how your dissibility affects you and if you did not awnser all there questions they cant write anything so they have to go on visual report
    Get your MR asap try to stay strong you will get it in the end half of these assessors are rushed and only have 4 weeks training n told what to do if peoples ftf dont go well
    My assessment lasted 22 minutes.n i got it by 1 point 
    Ok, so I'll request an MR and get assistance this time with writing it as I have difficulty putting stuff in words and forget stuff once I get stressed (which is what happened). Waiting for decision letter now. 

Thanks for advice. 
    You can't request the MR until a decision is made. https://advicelocal.uk/

edited January 2019
    You can't request the MR until a decision is made. https://advicelocal.uk/

Yes I know. Thats why I'm waiting for the decision letter. ☺
  • RosiepieRosiepie Member Posts: 4 Listener
    The claim starts from you requesting the PIP form I was told. My daughters claim started on Aug 2nd 18...we are still waiting for the decision letter Feb 17th 19....the whole thing is a farce...will be nearly 7 months then they don't pay it for another month on top.
    Rosiepie said:
    The claim starts from you requesting the PIP form I was told. My daughters claim started on Aug 2nd 18...we are still waiting for the decision letter Feb 17th 19....the whole thing is a farce...will be nearly 7 months then they don't pay it for another month on top.
    If transferring from DLA then there's no backdated money, even if the PIP award is higher than the DLA award was. If it's a new claim and there wasn't a DLA award then it's backdated to the date you rang to start the claim of, if successful.

7 months is average waiting time in a lot of areas. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision is delayed.

If it's a new claim from PIP and not a transfer from DLA and the award is successful, the backdated money will be received 3-4 days after a decision is made, usually they pay the money once the decision is made. There's no waiting for another month.

If it's a transfer from DLA then this is paid for a further 4 weeks after a decision is made and then PIP starts 3 weeks after that.
  • RosiepieRosiepie Member Posts: 4 Listener
    We are transferring. Looks like my daughter will be getting higher rate. The difference is over 200 a month and obviously wont be backdated.
  • Guardian9622Guardian9622 Member Posts: 37 Connected
    Had my f2f in Dec 2018, then asked for a copy of the report 3 weeks later. Assessor has awarded Enhanced for both Daily Living AND Mobility components. Still waiting on DM letter and its now been 10 weeks :( 
    Had my f2f in Dec 2018, then asked for a copy of the report 3 weeks later. Assessor has awarded Enhanced for both Daily Living AND Mobility components. Still waiting on DM letter and its now been 10 weeks :( 
    The assessor doesn't award anything, only a decision maker can do that. What's written in the report is just a recommendation, although they do usually go with that report. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
  • Guardian9622Guardian9622 Member Posts: 37 Connected
    edited February 2019
    Sorry, yes I meant she had "recommended" enhanced on both. Already had enhanced Daily component, was just trying to access mobility side of it. HOPEFULLY they use her report for the award decision :/ 
    This claim began June 2018 to get this far . . .
  • kel090kel090 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Can any one tell me how long it takes to get a decision i received a letter 9 days ago saying they have all the information they need.  Does it take long after receiving that letter  
Sign in or join us to comment.