How long for a pip decision - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for a pip decision

Options

Comments

• Fitznspatz
    Fitznspatz Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Options
    This is of course just one person’s experience, kel090, but my wife received the ‘all the evidence we need’ letter on December 11th. She hoped to hear before Christmas but didn’t. In January was told it was still under consideration. In early February was told they asked the assessor for more information which they had received on January 28th and on February 15th received the decision letter.

It’s never wise to extrapolate on a sample size of 1 but “we have all the information we need” can actually mean “we don’t yet have all the information we need”.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kel090, as has been said above it really does vary according to location so it's difficult to give an estimate.

You could always give the DWP a call on the number on your letters from them to see if they can give you an update? Fingers crossed it's sooner for you rather than later!
  • kel090
    kel090 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I rang them yesterday they still havnt made a decision my friend has her f2f the day before i had my main and got her decision yesterday and was turned down 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    kel090 said:
    I rang them yesterday they still havnt made a decision my friend has her f2f the day before i had my main and got her decision yesterday and was turned down 
    Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • phoeiblaze
    phoeiblaze Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    kel090 said:
    Ask for the accessors report to get an idea of what was suggested. I was turned down and after visiting CAB, they assisted with my mandatory reconsideration. Waiting for second decision now and will appeal if need be. 
  • kel090
    Options
    I got my reprot on the 18 of feb 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    kel090 said:
    I got my reprot on the 18 of feb 
    Did you add up the points that are recommended in there? They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kel090
    Options
    15 for daily living and 4 for mobility 
  • ElegantUniverse
    ElegantUniverse Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi Everyone, new here and have read most all of this thread and now understand patience may be best. Personally I applied July 10, assessed Sept 19, received a text Sept 23rd saying they had received the report & as a guide the decision would take up to 6 weeks. I don't want to count my chickens but the assessor was very friendly, using tens like ' bless you' & ' you poor thing' etc. She also said she would recommend that I won't get reassessed for at least 2 years to allow time for pending treatment. I suffer from arthritis & have ongoing mental health issues. As anyone else had an assessor talk this way!
    Thanks in advance.
  • Fedupnow
    Fedupnow Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hello, my friend had reassessment back in Feb of this yr for pip. tho no reply/decesion letter yet? Also they've had no post from the dwp  for many months, so long they've forgot? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Fedupnow said:
    Hello, my friend had reassessment back in Feb of this yr for pip. tho no reply/decesion letter yet? Also they've had no post from the dwp  for many months, so long they've forgot? 
    Hi,

When you say reassessment, do you mean a face to face assessment or they received forms to fill in? Are they still receiving PIP payments or have they stopped?
  • Fedupnow
    Options
    Sorry yes & he is Poppy. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Fedupnow said:
    Sorry yes & he is Poppy. 
    He needs to ring DWP and ask if a decision's been made on the review. It most likely has because reviews take place 6 months before the award is due to end and not 1 year before, like they used to. If a decision hadn't been made then his payments would have stopped by now,

He also needs to check that they have the correct address for him.
  • wizzwoz
    wizzwoz Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    Nools said:
    I think it varies significantly from place to place. I had my f2f two weeks ago and have just received my award letter today.
    Wow that was quick i waited 9 weeks for my aword
  • suzD
    suzD Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi there,   My husband had a f2f due to his worsening condition.   If he is awarded a higher amount will this be backdated to when he made the initial call?   He is currently on the lower amount.   He made the call in May and only had his f2f 2 weeks ago due to them cancelling and not having many assessors up here 
  • Rosiepie
    Rosiepie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    They do not backdate the award if it is higher..after awarding the higher amount you have to wait a month before getting the first payment at that level. 
    Counting the first day of your claim as phoning for the application form and the last as getting the first payment ..my daughter's claim took just over 8 months.
  • Fedupnow
    Options
    He finally got his re-assessment letter back & it's ok. Just 6 months a longgg wait. 
  • meymay93
    meymay93 Scope Member Posts: 179 Connected
    Options
    Hi send my pip review form and all medical report 9 week ago any advice my form now assessment  team
  • Adesewa
    Adesewa Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi everyone 
    I did my assessment 2weeks ago and I felt so intimitated by the health proffesioner.  Without even waiting for the results from DWP in my mind I think they will refuse me. He wasnt a nice guy seriously. No compassion at all. ?
  • wazza57
    wazza57 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    It's the points recommendation you need to look at. They don't add the points together for daily living and mobility, it's separate for each. The points that have been recommended for you, 12 for mobility and 19 for daily living means a recommendation for Enhanced for both parts. The points needs for an award for Enhanced is 12 points for daily living and 12 for mobility.

The easiest way to understand it is to look at the report with all the dots/ticks and transfer those into this PIP self test. At the end of the test it will tell you what the points are for each part. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Remember the report is just a recommendation but the decision maker usually goes with the report. You'll still have to wait for the decision.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.