Hobbies — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hobbies

Options
Arthur
Arthur Community member Posts: 7 Listener
I truly love to Golf. That's my passion. Any other golfers out there?. 

Comments

• AlexW_Scope
    AlexW_Scope Scope Posts: 224 Pioneering
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Can't really say I have a hobby. Most of them rely on being able to either walk or bend/use the spine which rules them out for me.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • danish
    danish Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    I rely on a mobility scooter to get me around. My pastime used to be fly fishing. I have not been for over 7 years as some fisheries are not disable friendly and finding one where I can access the water on my scooter are non existent. Even if I could access the water there is the action of landing the fish. Many places will not allow the fish to be taken out of the water. I can not get down to do this so I can not go and do my favotite past time. Not unless someone can tell me different!
  • Judomandean
    Judomandean Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    Golf is a fab game BUT I am useless at it - no rythme lol
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Whilst I have lost contact with my younger daughter I still see her posts on Facebook. She was, at one time, British under 18 weightlifting champion in one classification. Now, however, she works from a gym run by her mother and mothers partner as a weight lifting trainer. She works with a young lad with CP who competes around the world in competitions and travels with him as his trainer. I guess the lad takes it as more than a hobby but it does show you what might be possible.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.