Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hello I have been bringing my nephew up since he was 10 months old and he is now 13.I have been fighting to get him assessed for 11 years and have finally got him on the spectrum even though it took drastic action to get there.He is a very young 13 and most people think he is about 9 as he comes across very immature.My biggest problem with him is electronics he will go to any lengths to get them to the extreme he stays awake all night so they have to be taken off him often and recently he stole a mobile phone from a friend house and I found it last night what had really kicked him off.i need some advice if I give him any form of electronic he kicks off when it's time to come off and he will steal to get it but if I don't give him them he will steal also so I really don't know what to do.His obsession is out of control my support worker is trying get best but it's so hard when one of the things he does is screeching at me all the time I'm so frustrated with it that I'm at the end of my tether with it I don't know what to do.I hope someone can help me with some advise Thank You.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.